www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister Type A Spec 14 - s/n 47466 date?

4 posters

Go down

Lister Type A Spec 14 - s/n 47466 date?  Empty Lister Type A Spec 14 - s/n 47466 date?

Post by rawlina Tue Jun 05 2012, 16:52

Hello all

New to the forum and stationary engines.
After years of wanting one, my son and I have recently purchased a Lister type A Spec 14
Missing a fuel tank and line but otherwise intact, good compression on exhaust and inlet.
Tatty but all turning. No spark on magneto.... small beer.
Bought it at auction .. £110
The serial number is 47466

Can anyone point me in right direction to date it?
It has a single flywheel - which i understand from talking to a chap at a show once, means it might be quite early.

Might be posting on other sections for advice - but the date of the engine would be good place to start
Also, are there any registers of what engines went where - might be nice to know where it came from (other than a farm sale that is!)

Many thanks

Adam

[img][/img]

rawlina

Back to top Go down

Lister Type A Spec 14 - s/n 47466 date?  Empty Re: Lister Type A Spec 14 - s/n 47466 date?

Post by Abes Tue Jun 05 2012, 16:56

Hi mate and welcome, looks like your Lister A would be late 1925 going by the dating chart, reference history info drop Dave Edington an email with the serial number and he should be able to tell you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Abes
Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lister Type A Spec 14 - s/n 47466 date?  Empty Re: Lister Type A Spec 14 - s/n 47466 date?

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Jun 05 2012, 19:59

Abes wrote:Hi mate and welcome, looks like your Lister A would be late 1925 going by the dating chart, reference history info drop Dave Edington an email with the serial number and he should be able to tell you
abes
and to what email adress would that be then ????
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Tue Jun 05 2012, 21:25

[quote="kevjhnsn"]
Abes wrote:Hi mate and welcome, looks like your Lister A would be late 1925 going by the dating chart, reference history info drop Dave Eddington an email with the serial number and he should be able to tell you
abes
and to what email address would that be then ????
kev
[/quot

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
try this one kev...
mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Tue Jun 05 2012, 21:25

rawlina wrote:Hello all

New to the forum and stationary engines.
After years of wanting one, my son and I have recently purchased a Lister type A Spec 14
Missing a fuel tank and line but otherwise intact, good compression on exhaust and inlet.
Tatty but all turning. No spark on magneto.... small beer.
Bought it at auction .. £110
The serial number is 47466

Can anyone point me in right direction to date it?
It has a single flywheel - which i understand from talking to a chap at a show once, means it might be quite early.

Might be posting on other sections for advice - but the date of the engine would be good place to start
Also, are there any registers of what engines went where - might be nice to know where it came from (other than a farm sale that is!)

Many thanks

Adam

[img][/img]

hi adam..
try this one mate....http://www.stationaryenginebooks.co.uk/about.htm
regards..mike...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Tue Jun 05 2012, 21:31

Sorry but did not have it too hand but i knew someone would have it if he had asked failing that a simple search would have found it, Cheers Mike for coming to the rescue

kevjhnsn wrote:
Abes wrote:Hi mate and welcome, looks like your Lister A would be late 1925 going by the dating chart, reference history info drop Dave Edington an email with the serial number and he should be able to tell you
abes
and to what email adress would that be then ????
kev

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Abes
Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Tue Jun 05 2012, 21:33

no worries abes..that's what im here for..just put my cape back in the cuboard....lol..lol
mike....

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down