www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Lister D with sheep shearing attachment

3 posters

Go down

Lister D with sheep shearing attachment Empty Lister D with sheep shearing attachment

Post by graham wade Tue Nov 22 2022, 16:33

Just purchased Lister D but unable to work out manufacturing date ----- any ideas ------------ 1682DH2 - Spec section on plate - blank ------HP1.5 RPM 700

graham wade

Back to top Go down

Lister D with sheep shearing attachment Empty Re: Lister D with sheep shearing attachment

Post by cranium Tue Nov 22 2022, 17:19

Graham,
Email Doreen Edgington at stationaryenginebooks.co.uk and she will tell you the original owner and the date. She can also sell you "The Lister D Story", written by her late husband. It's a "must-have"!
E

cranium
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Lister D with sheep shearing attachment Empty Lister D Dating

Post by graham wade Wed Nov 23 2022, 11:22

Contacted Doreen Edgington and came back to me 'in minutes' ------ Sold to Ransomes Syms & Jefferies on February 1st 1952

Brilliant - Grateful thanks to Doreen.

Graham.

graham wade

Back to top Go down

Lister D with sheep shearing attachment Empty Re: Lister D with sheep shearing attachment

Post by Andywaters Wed Nov 23 2022, 17:20

I too got a reply from Doreen today and as a result I've updated both my Lister D blogs on the first posts in each.

Your Lister D No 1/57520 was supplied to Christian & Dobbs of Long Sutton on 12-12-1950

Lister D No 148091 was supplied to Gibson Bros of Melling Lancs. on 17-5-1939
Andywaters
Andywaters
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down