www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Large number of engines for sale

3 posters

Go down

Large number of engines for sale Empty Large number of engines for sale

Post by tim2223 Thu Sep 22 2022, 13:34

Hello all.

I am looking for some advice. My late father in law was an avid engine enthusiast. We now have the daunting task of disposing of his collection.

It is a huge amount, we estimate somewhere between 20 and 50 engines plus mountains of spares, wheels, trollies and parts. All of these are stacked inside a large cottage which is brim full of them hence difficulty knowing exact numbers. All of this stack are unrestored.

He has in a different area 3 or 4 restored engines that he used to demonstrate.

There are also hundreds of magazines.

I was wondering if anyone could give us advice please on how to move these on ? We don't know whether there would be any auctions that would help or even if they did how we would get this colossal amount to it or whether it would be a case of putting them on ebay. The problem with ebay is we know literally nothing about them.

I can tell you a few names I have seen, Russel/Hornsby (very big and restored) Lister and Petter? But most are stacked away on top of each other so difficult to see.

We are on West Sussex/Hampshire border.

Many thanks
Tim

tim2223

Back to top Go down

Large number of engines for sale Empty Re: Large number of engines for sale

Post by maryalice Thu Sep 22 2022, 14:42

Tim,

Your best bet would be an Auction house, I have a stationary engine friend who lives in Sussex who I could ask if he knows a company that could catalogue and sell them for you. May I aks how long your father in law passed as my friend may have known him if he rallied them. Please PM any details do not put it on public show.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Thu Sep 22 2022, 15:45

An auction house you can try is H J Pugh who are based in Ledbury, Herefordshire. I think they may be able to offer a removal service as well, so worth a chat with them. They hold vintage tractor and engine sales regularly through the year, and often achieve very good prices for engines.
https://www.hjpugh.com/

Ebay is also a possibility, but will involve a lot of work by you in sorting out the engines, and other parts, photographing them, and putting them on the site. If your aim is to sell all of them, then you should start with relatively low prices as engines offered at near market price often fail to sell.

Magazines are relatively worthless, and you may only get a very few ten's of £'s for the lot, but spares, wheels, trollies and parts all sell well.

Another alternative is to sell to an engine dealer (who will later re-sell them). One such chap is Liam McConnell who is based in Lincolnshire but collects engines and parts from all over the country. His details are available on the site shown below:
https://www.rustyrelicsonline.co.uk/
His site will also give you some indication of value if you have any engines similar to the ones he is currently offering, although the price you will be offered will be lower than those on his site(after all he has to make a living from this activity (just as an auction house has too)).

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tim2223 Thu Sep 22 2022, 16:33

Thats absolutely brilliant thank you!!!

tim2223

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content