www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter

3 posters

Go down

Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Empty Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter

Post by Woolfk Sun Feb 13 2022, 21:17

Hi all,

I have a number of stationary engines for sale. All have been purchased in a state of disrepair and were carefully restored by my Dad and myself and have all been showed at a number of rallies back in the early 2010s, however following a change in interests, put into a "shed" some time ago, none of the engines have run in approximately 10 years. All the engines will require some amount of restoration to get to show condition again but they all turn over smoothly and will most likely run after cleaning all the fuel lines, replacing spark plugs etc. All engines are on mobile skids as you will see in the images.

So first I have a Crossley 1030 2.5HP which was bespoke supplied by Crossley as a pumping set on a mobile skid. Its a Dando pump driven by a gear arrangement and linkage mechanism. We never found out what the engines original use was but its quite an interesting piece and I certainly haven't seen anything like this anywhere else. The pump has to worked in the past. We used to have it pumping water from tank to tank at rallies. (£600)

Secondly I have a Bamford 5HP open crank engine. The engine has been stored with the piston flush to the cylinder to prevent rust ingression into the piston / cylinder bore. It is one of the earlier of its type as it has the old American flick switch magneto rather than the rotary magneto later variants had. I do have the oiler and the crank casing to which will of course be included. The nameplate has unfortunately disappeared before our ownership however I do have a letter from Mr Bamford himself supplying an approximate date which I believe dates it to the 1920s. I will have to pull this out if there is any interest. (£1100)

Thirdly I have a 5hp Petter M junior. This is a nice engine, whilst having quite a large power, still has a small footprint so is easy to store. We had this engine driving a corn mill at a few rallies. (£550)

I am well out of the loop as to the pricing of these engines these days so whilst I have given a price, they are open to reasonable offers to. All images will be attached below.

For any more information, please send me a personal message. Kind regards

Last edited by Woolfk on Sun Feb 13 2022, 21:41; edited 3 times in total

Woolfk
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Empty Re: Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter

Post by Woolfk Sun Feb 13 2022, 21:18

Crossley

Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Img_2013
Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Img_2015
Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Img_2014

Woolfk

Back to top Go down

Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Empty Re: Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter

Post by Woolfk Sun Feb 13 2022, 21:19

Bamford

Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Img_2018
Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Img_2016
Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Img_2017

Woolfk

Back to top Go down

Post by Woolfk Sun Feb 13 2022, 21:21

Petter M Junior

Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Img_2019
Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Img_2020
Stationary Engines for sale - Bamford - Crossley - Petter Img_2021

Woolfk

Back to top Go down

Post by StuartTurnerSteve Sun Feb 13 2022, 21:38

While no expert, I'd say a tad cheap on the Petter and Bamford.

What's your rough location?

StuartTurnerSteve
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Woolfk Sun Feb 13 2022, 21:44

Thank you for that. I have increased on those 2.

The engines are located approximately 10 miles from Stamford, Lincolnshire.

Woolfk

Back to top Go down

Post by skint Tue Apr 19 2022, 00:41

hi has the petter sold ?

skint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down