www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Maytag flexi pipe

2 posters

Go down

Maytag flexi pipe  Empty Maytag flexi pipe

Post by donp Sat May 15 2021, 17:29

Thought I had loaded a photo of engine showing the whole length of flexi pipe that I fitted also showing the correct ball end silencer, if you could call it that as its not very silencing and am sure it will annoy people at a rally after hearing it for a few hours, I know it would annoy me.Maytag flexi pipe  Mtag_f17
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Maytag flexi pipe  Empty Re: Maytag flexi pipe

Post by Alanengine Sat May 15 2021, 21:51

Not familiar with this engine but what if the silencer was mounted directly to the engine?

Alan

Alanengine
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by donp Sun May 16 2021, 08:01

Alan, that is how it was when purchased, the noise was way beyond what I think would be acceptable, with the B and S type silencer fitted directly to engine as per one of my other thread photos it is a lot less noisy in comparison to just the ball shaped piece fitted  but to me it does not look the part with that fitted.

Steve, I had thought of the burying idea, will be ok at a rally in a field but am also thinking about neighbours as do not want to upset anyone.

Blue Cat, just bought some of those pan scrubbers yesterday will try that, used them in the past on 4 stroke engines just this is a 2 stroke so think it might be a bit messy but will see how things work out.
Don
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down