www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Amanco no1 Water Pump

3 posters

Go down

Amanco no1 Water Pump Empty Amanco no1 Water Pump

Post by Boathorse Tue Jan 29 2019, 14:24

Afternoon all,
I have trawled through lots of posts in this forum and have not yet found anything on the Amanco No 1 water pump. I have got one and am looking to strip it down and check it out but have not yet managed to find any instruction, service or parts information. Don't see anything in the downloads section and searches on the old interweb are not yielding anything of interest. So I am a bit confused as to where to look next, can anyone point me in the right direction?
Cheers
Bill
Boathorse
Boathorse
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Amanco no1 Water Pump Empty Re: Amanco no1 Water Pump

Post by Woodsman Tue Jan 29 2019, 16:47

Hi Bill,

You are right - pump info very scarce. Will keep my eyes open.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Tue Jan 29 2019, 21:17

You won't find anything as there is nothing to find. Driven equipment info is more or less non existent, you are not going to find any form of manual for a No2 Amanco pump, and if you did you would be very disappointed as it would tell you nothing. Strip it down learn the hands on way, there's no critical dimensions.
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boathorse Wed Jan 30 2019, 09:20

Thanks for that. There will no doubt be a reason for this but (at risk of sounding like Mr Spok) I am struggling to think of a logical one given that engines and other bits of kit of the same era are well documented and supported with technical guidance based on sound logic.
There must be thousands of these things still working, which implies that they are being looked after properly. Perhaps the knowledge is passed down through folklore and singing songs with a finger stuck in your ear?
I shall endeavour to strip the Amanco and will record everything of interest that I find. Perhaps if over time others do likewise we may be able to compare notes and experiences and come up with some reference material for those who will be interested in decades to come?
Cheers
Bill
Boathorse
Boathorse
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Wed Jan 30 2019, 10:07

[quote="Boathorse".... and singing songs with a finger stuck in your ear?......

Cheers
Bill[/quote]

Turned up at Selby folk club many years ago with my mate and were denied as we had guitars - which were far too modern.
Had to endure some silly old bat banging on a bodhrán and wailing something unintelligible. Ah, those were the days. Smile

Good luck with the pump and I agree that building up a new resource will be most valuable.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down