www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Stuart Turner genset

2 posters

Go down

Stuart Turner genset Empty Stuart Turner genset

Post by Locknut Sun Jan 26 2014, 13:08

Hi All,
I am trying to restore a Stuart Turner R2Y gen set but am having problems with the electrics- mainly because I don't know anything about electrics!
Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the set and/or know anyone in the South West( I am in South Devon) who rewires/services gen sets?
The details are :- watts 300,volts 12/18, amps 25/16, dynamo 24v081, rpm 1500 ,switch board 1685.
I think the set dates to the start of WW2.
Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kev.

Locknut
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Stuart Turner genset Empty Re: Stuart Turner genset

Post by StewartH Wed Jan 29 2014, 10:04

Hello Kev - I can't help you with knowing someone local to service the Genset but if you are starting to dabble with electrics i can really recommend UGLYS Electrical reference book - its a small ring bound book full of every explanation for every electrical situation you may find yourself in - and its written for the layman - I'm a mechanical man myself and the electric side of things is deemed to be the work of Beelzebub himself - but this reference proved very useful - you can find a thread on this forum for it and there is a link to a website that shows you a few pages so you can see what you are getting before you buy - and its pretty cheap.

And before you ask - no I don't get royalties Smile

Hope it helps start you on the right road anyway!

Best

Hamish
StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Locknut Thu Jan 30 2014, 13:49

Hi Hamish,
Thanks for that information,that book sounds interesting and I will certainly look it up.I agree with you that electrics are indeed the work of Beelzebub - and you never know if I am not careful I may well join him!
I had thought that to get the electrics working I would just have to renew a few wires but on taking the back off I quickly realised that I am completely out of my depth!Hence my appeal for help.Kev.

Locknut
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down