www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Yet another Petter A1

Go down

Yet another Petter A1 Empty Yet another Petter A1

Post by Porteous Sat Sep 21 2013, 18:58

Hello all;
          I'm a member of a tractor and engine club but the engine faction won't talk to me 'cos I have a tractor. In an effort to conform I have, today,  acquired a nice little Petter A1 petrol ( 2HP Ser. No. 1506229 ) from a local chap who is clearing his garage. The engine is surprisingly original and looks unmolested from new (1951-54? About the same age as my 1953 Fordson Major.). Someone has given it a well trolley and it was both free turning and showing compression when I looked at it.

The chap I bought it from had never run is and the fuel tank was, not surprisingly, empty. I cleaned out the filter bowl, checked the oil and swung is a few times decompressed to lubricate things. A little surprised when she started on the first swing! A little fuel leaking from the fuel tap and the carb, but hardly surprising. It is actually in such good order cosmetically that I hesitate to repaint it.

All I need now is something for it to do.

Sorry about the photos, I have posted the http URls from Flickr, but that doesn't seem to work, I suspect I need to wait 7 days?

Porteous

Back to top Go down