www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

copper/asbestos? gaskets

2 posters

Go down

copper/asbestos? gaskets Empty copper/asbestos? gaskets

Post by ettingtonliam Mon Aug 05 2013, 20:29

I need a gasket to seal the top end of the cylinder liner to the head on my Stuart 600 gas engine project. The only information the original parts list gives is 'copper asbestos washer'. Obviously the 'asbestos' bit is a no-no now, but does anyone know who makes 1 off copper type gaskets these days? Failing that, I'll cut one from 16G copper sheet, anneal it and use plenty of high temperature gasket sealant!.

Richard

ettingtonliam

Back to top Go down

copper/asbestos? gaskets Empty Re: copper/asbestos? gaskets

Post by matt86 Mon Aug 05 2013, 20:35

ettingtonliam wrote:I need a gasket to seal the top end of the cylinder liner to the head on my Stuart 600 gas engine project. The only information the original parts list gives is 'copper asbestos washer'. Obviously the 'asbestos' bit is a no-no now, but does anyone know who makes 1 off copper type gaskets these days? Failing that, I'll cut one from 16G copper sheet, anneal it and use plenty of high temperature gasket sealant!.

Richard

i have made head gaskets before from klingersil , or go onto ebay and type in head gasket material . Those should be up to the job , well have been fine for me in past ,

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ettingtonliam Sat Aug 10 2013, 11:17

Thanks Matt.
I went on ebay and got a square of head gasket material that looks just right. Enough for about 10 gaskets, so no problem if I mess one up cutting it

Richard

ettingtonliam

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Aug 10 2013, 12:18

ettingtonliam wrote:Thanks Matt.
I went on ebay and got a square of head gasket material that looks just right. Enough for about 10 gaskets, so no problem if I mess one up cutting it

Richard
It is a bit of a pain to cut in the end i used a grinder with a thin cutting disc on .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down