www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Open cranks / hit n miss

3 posters

Go down

Open cranks / hit n miss Empty Open cranks / hit n miss

Post by Carpmanjay Mon Apr 15 2013, 21:10

Since my petter M thread I've been watching and reading up on the M's and also the open cranks. I think after carefull consideration I think I prefer the aesthetics of an open crank engine over the sound of the petter's.

So what could I get for a similar price to a petter M? Prob 600 is kind of a max price I'd like to go to. But I would like this engine to be restored and rally ready, As I have several projects in mind which will keep me busy for quite a while!

Carpmanjay
Carpmanjay
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Open cranks / hit n miss Empty Re: Open cranks / hit n miss

Post by matt86 Mon Apr 15 2013, 21:12

amanco hired man , hit and miss they did a throttle guvurned one as well so be carefull as might end up with one instead of a hit and miss

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpmanjay Mon Apr 15 2013, 21:18

Thanks Matt, I do like the amanco range, good shout, I didn't know that they did both types though so thanks for heads up. I would love to go to the 1000 engine rally but Macclesfield is a long old drive for the day so ill stay closer to home. I'd like to have some idea so I can at least talk to the guys at the shows who have engines that are at least in my price range Wink
Carpmanjay
Carpmanjay
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Tue Apr 16 2013, 17:01

careful of bamford open cranks as petrol/parrafins will be throttle goverened as well(mine is and it runs great now with a nice sound,not a hit and miss but i like the regular sound of a open crank)

petrol bamford OC are hit and miss

jay
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpmanjay Wed Apr 17 2013, 09:31

do you have a vid Jay? iive watched so many you tube clips lately!! i think some of the ones ive been watching are governed and like you said run very well. im open to ideas, some of those hit n miss engines look a bugger to get running right.
Carpmanjay
Carpmanjay
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Wed Apr 17 2013, 17:14

This is my bamford 4hp open crank running on new years day at a roadside location i use a lot near the M42...

jay
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Carpmanjay Thu Apr 18 2013, 10:33

really nice that mate:)
Carpmanjay
Carpmanjay
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Thu Apr 18 2013, 16:58

Needs repainting really but runs so much better than when i bought it the fuel regulator leaks a bit of air past the threads so its been running on the water injection jet which as can be seen runs ok I also removed the governor spring which makes it run a bit slower there is a small hole drilled in the throttle butterfly which helps the smooth running only problem with the spring removed if any weight is put on the flywheel it will slow down but thats easy to put the spring back on for when i run a load with it

jay
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down