www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin timing ?????????

+2
Admin
kevjhnsn
6 posters

Go down

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin   timing ????????? Empty amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin timing ?????????

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jun 09 2012, 01:55

hi there
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin   timing ????????? 100_6226
im trying to help a man in my town with this engine as in title
the mag is producing 3 to 9 volts or 600 to 1200 ohms at a slow turn buy hand of the flywheel
but when he asked me to call and see whats what with it .
it impulses or flicks the ignitor ,when the piston is nearly all the way out of bore at this time???????
i think it is timed 180 degs out in my thinking !!!! IM I CORRECT OR WRONG"
please as this is thhe first ignitor opencrank ive worked on and dont want to break it or change it if it is correct already
the lock button on the mag dont work either to help my theory

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin   timing ????????? 100_6227

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin   timing ????????? 100_6229

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin   timing ????????? Empty Re: amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin timing ?????????

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jun 09 2012, 01:59

can any one date this from the engine numbers as above also
amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin   timing ????????? 100_6230

thanks if you can kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin   timing ????????? Empty Re: amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin timing ?????????

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jun 09 2012, 02:05

kevjhnsn wrote:can any one date this from the engine numbers as above also

amanco opencrank 2 1/4 hp petrol parrafin   timing ????????? 100_6230
when its at this point of the firing, the piston is 1 1/4" from all the way out the bore /bottom dead center,
and i would think it should be about this before top dead center????????????/ with the connecting rod almost inline with the casting angle on sides of open crank section ??????

thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 09 2012, 02:12

Hi Kev

If the piston is at the bottom, then it is 180 degrees out, will have a look for timing on my fathers see what his is set at.

Paul

Admin
Admin

https://ukengineforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 09 2012, 02:23

Kev,

Have a look at the site below, that may help,

http://www.oldengine.org/members/smigle/associatedpageindex.htm

Paul

Admin
Admin

https://ukengineforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Sat Jun 09 2012, 07:22

Kev if you pm your address I will send you a Amanco instruction book shows you how to time them up this will save me try to explain it I am so lazy sometimes lol! lol! lol!
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billypurves Sat Jun 09 2012, 08:04

If I am reading your number correctly 138180 your engine will be around 1918.

Even though the mag is not locking on the pin you should "feel" it trying to do so.

Roll the engine over with the intake valve held in if it helps until the igniter snaps , take the magneto off the engine, as you look at the mag turn the mag clockwise with the button on the right held in....until it either gives you a feeling of the button wanting to work OR you feel the mag "drawing" on the magnetism or fluxing.

Bolt the mag back to the engine without moving the armature shaft. It will be easier to do than explain.

Hope this helps. You have plenty voltage to fire the engine. Billy.
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Jun 12 2012, 04:59

thanks for all the advice lads
all will be of great advntage with the next attemp on this engine
im doing a job to do before i die of my list
with somone elses engine but all the same the passion and feeling is the same as doing one for my self
and oneday i will get me one "oneday"
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Jun 13 2012, 01:32

well 3 hrs later retiming and then stripping ,and then all back off to clean the ignitor points /thinger me bob
and then i would fire 3=6 times and stop ,turned out to be the mag where the ht lead screws on ,at the other end internally it has a contact spring loaded from the center shaft the pointer was well worn so used there welder and built the end back up,ground back into shape and reasembled
and then one the 4 spin over it ran for 40 mins until fuel was gone out of the temp 500ml plastic oil pot got the mixture back to 1 turn out and adjusted the bottom spring loaded diafram to as smooth as poss ,but seams to be still reving higher than what you here on the field
i think the guvernor springs are to strong as it sounds more hits than misses
???????????????????????????????????ANY BETTER IDEAS LADS please???????????????????????????????????????????????????

the new owner called the old owner and he shot around , i was talking to him and he has never had it running since he had it for his 21 birthday
he is now 72yrs old so its not run or been turned over for atleast 40 yrs since the shed was blown over and then bearread behind the new sheds built arround it he says pop arround and have a dig as there is a couple of other engines in there somwere below the bricks asbestos sheets and timber
fingers crossed going tomorrow morning for a good good dig around gloves ,boots and facemasks are in the car ready to go
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DanBoy Wed Jun 13 2012, 13:13

If you find anything metal, I'm in.... If you find anything boney, you are on your own...... lol! lol!

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Jun 13 2012, 14:13

DanBoy wrote:If you find anything metal, I'm in.... If you find anything boney, you are on your own...... lol! lol!
dan
hope that if there are any bones there not holding a crankhandle and a watering can lol!
but if there on an opencrank it will be a case of " bones ive seen no bones "
well to say the least today its not raining its a monsoon and gales out there
so cancelled until safer weather conditions Sad Sad Sad Sad Embarassed Sad Sad Sad

kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PetterM Thu Jun 14 2012, 14:08

kevjhnsn wrote:
i think the guvernor springs are to strong as it sounds more hits than misses
kev

Eeerrrrmmmm, it's not a hit and miss...

PetterM
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jun 16 2012, 00:00

ok thanks for the comfermation
figured it out the evening i posted it as the guvernoir cam is always active and no trip on it
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down