www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

MY PRIDE AND JOY DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER JULY 2011

3 posters

Go down

MY  PRIDE AND JOY   DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER  JULY 2011 Empty MY PRIDE AND JOY DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER JULY 2011

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Aug 10 2011, 00:03

MY LISTER A 3HP 600RPM YEAR 1936 INDUSTRIAL CLOCKWISE reverse rotation

MY  PRIDE AND JOY   DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER  JULY 2011 Arcsof12
carb and exhurst are on the opposite sides to all the others ive seen crankhandle and oilcan dated 1942 came with engine to me
engine had not turned since early 1970s when bakers mill whent to electric motors

MY  PRIDE AND JOY   DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER  JULY 2011 Arcsof13
paint beleaved to be from rebuild in 1960s at lister/dealer, but paint on hooper is one layer less than when i bought her as discovered by chance
that it came off easy and decals were below and almost complete

MY  PRIDE AND JOY   DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER  JULY 2011 Arcsof14
trolley is atleast 35 years old ,but beleaved to be mostly original as timbers are i think kerrowin no oader left for me to be sertain. it was looking rotten so i removed it stripped it of scabby paints, found no root with releaf to me painted it with stain and sprayed metal work ect

MY  PRIDE AND JOY   DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER  JULY 2011 Arcsof15
paint on fueltank flaky but scared to paint it as tank is rust free and galv i dont want it to look odd or have to paint howl engine WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD DO GUYS????

MY  PRIDE AND JOY   DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER  JULY 2011 Arcsof16
ALL PARTS ARE ORIGINAL APART FROM GOLD DETAILING IVE DONE, BRASS CARB TOP old one very hard to get out the casting every time i go to start it
but its covered in greese in shed silencer was in shed with engine it fitted strieght on so think its rite one??
please feel free to comment as all are wellcomed
thanks kev

Last edited by kevjhnsn on Wed Aug 10 2011, 02:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got to add some words)

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

MY  PRIDE AND JOY   DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER  JULY 2011 Empty Re: MY PRIDE AND JOY DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER JULY 2011

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10 2011, 10:14

It looks spot on Kev, only photos look better then real life so I can't say it's 100% without seeing it in the flesh Embarassed now the tank to me doesn't look to bad but myself I'd think about painting it, but can't say so just of the pics. I know your now saying that I've been no help but just looking at the pics I can't give you a definate answer, apart from it looks fine but in the end it's "are you happy with it" if yes then leave it for a few years and write a display notice and add to it what you've told us. Hope that makes some sense as I want to be truthful but on the evidance of the pics I can't say what to do for the best.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

MY  PRIDE AND JOY   DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER  JULY 2011 Empty Re: MY PRIDE AND JOY DONE AS FAR AS I WILL TAKE HER JULY 2011

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Aug 10 2011, 16:07

the photos are in my garden for my daughter and cusins boiling hot day thet were playing in the watertank with the balls that are scatered around the garden .
i had a cloths made wrapped around the complete engine with the belt going through the middle ,for safty just in case
they all loved it
I do have a display bourd with the history of the engine that i do have, but am planning to contact d edgington for a second opion as he owns the records
this is what me and the bakery/mill owners grandson found out from the old company records as follows :-
LISTER A JUNIOR
SPEC A36C
YEAR 1936
FUEL PETROL
900cc
3 BHP
600 RPM
ENGINE ORIGINAL PAINT DECALS ON FROM WORKING DAYS "" VERY GUNKY GRAINDUST AND OIL PRESERVED ""

TROLLEY ORIGINAL AS IT CAME WITH ENGINE ON JUST STRIPPED AND PAINTED TO PRESERVE FOR FUTURE

HISTORY
WHEN NEW WAS USED TO POWER A SAWMILLS WORKSHOP MACHINERY IN NORTHAMPTONSHIRE 1936-1950
IN 1951 WAS INSTALLED INTO BAKERY with own MILL ENGINE HOUSE , to replace the waterwheel power to the lineshafts
via sistem of fat belts and pulley blocks from engine to mill outerwall about remains of water wheel
to power grind stones ,graders BLOWERS OVEN FANS ECT and other grain and baking machinery
ENGINE WHENT FOR A LISTER APPROX REBUILD AND SERVICE IN 1963
WORKED THERE UNTIL 1976 WHEN MILL WAS HANDED OVER TO GRANDSON AND COMPANY CONVERTED TO ALL ELECTRIC
UNUSED OR RUN FROM 1976 - NOVEMBER 2010 WHEN FOUND AND REMOVED FROM SITE BY OWNER MR K JOHNSON
PARTS REPLACED 2010 TO PRESENT :- PUMP GLAND SEAL , HT LEAD , CARB TOP CAP
**********************************************************************************************************

THATS ALL I KNOW ABOUT THE ENGINES HISTORY
DO YOU THINK DAVE EDGINGTON WILL KNOW ANY MORE ??????????
COMMENTS WELCOME AS ALWAYS
THANKS KEV

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hob Wed Aug 10 2011, 18:07

looks great Kev, if it was me i would paint the tank if i had some paint the same colour, but would probably do it at the end of the season if you want to take it to a show in the meantime. Smile
hob
hob
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Aug 10 2011, 18:13

hob wrote:looks great Kev, if it was me i would paint the tank if i had some paint the same colour, but would probably do it at the end of the season if you want to take it to a show in the meantime. Smile

IVE GOT MALPAS IN SEPT AND THATS MY YEAR OVER
THANKS FOR YOUR VIEWS I WILL LEAVE IT FOR NOW AND WAIT FOR MORE COMENTS
LIKE A VOTE AT THE MIN ITS ONE FOR AND ONE AGAINST
THANKS KEV

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11 2011, 10:31

Kev it's just the cost of a few stamps to check if anything else is known, it could only be the ptice it soild for and I don't know how much more David could tell you but I'd give it a go. Have you tried to find anything about the original owner? are they still going? there might be someone that remembers it as 1950 is not that long ago, I know if it's remembered they'll be in there 70's or 80's but give it a quick try again nothing to loose.
Try and match the paint although it should just be mid brunswick green and paint just the tank as you say the engine was rebuild by Lister and a fresh coat of paint was added then, and write on the sheet that you've ONLY painted the tank and the rest is original.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Aug 12 2011, 03:48

stationary stu wrote:Kev it's just the cost of a few stamps to check if anything else is known, it could only be the ptice it soild for and I don't know how much more David could tell you but I'd give it a go. Have you tried to find anything about the original owner? are they still going? there might be someone that remembers it as 1950 is not that long ago, I know if it's remembered they'll be in there 70's or 80's but give it a quick try again nothing to loose.
Try and match the paint although it should just be mid brunswick green and paint just the tank as you say the engine was rebuild by Lister and a fresh coat of paint was added then, and write on the sheet that you've ONLY painted the tank and the rest is original.

Stu.

HI STU
as always me likes your thinking there
on all points made
AND DAVE CAN CROSS THE Ts and give the offical details to go with the engine,
WHEN/ IF i ever come to sell her with the offical lister records copy
i sold 2 of my wolseleys wd11 and wlb at 1000 and wishing i keept the THEM
there so simple of an engine and no detailing to do, just paint it all one colour
Very Happy lol! IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY ENGINE NUT TO OF DONE THAT Very Happy lol!
thanks again kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 08:47

I wouldn't bother painting it, If it was re-done at the factory then its kind of "Original" paint and part of the engine history, the engine looks like its been working, not sat in a shed with a blanket over it.

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Aug 13 2011, 04:52

hi steve
thanks for the comms
i thing now ive been watching ebay for lister As and Bs there making 100s of pounds nower days
i think i was very looky to get this engine in this GOOD of a condition
from it place of work, for so little money and with crankhandle, exhurst and on the trolley with the handles hanging from rope from the rafters
becouse it was inbetween to rails in the floor and a adjustable buffer with 2ft of thread to keep her in line and tention the flat belting simple and effective
****** HEALTH AND SAFTY WOULD OF HAD A FIELD DAY NOWER DAYS *** lol!
keep the comment coming guys as i will add then up around the 21st aug 2011 to paint tank or not
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon Aug 15 2011, 22:53

hi kev...
nice looking engine,my mate has one the same speck apart from his is a 3 3/4hp..
nice engines but to heavy for me..
thanks for sharing it with us..
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Aug 19 2011, 13:26

hi mike
thanks for comms
shes my pride and joy
aways starts 2nd flick of flywheel by hand
tanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down