www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

How do I prime the injection pump on petter s type

3 posters

Go down

How do I prime the injection pump on petter s type Empty How do I prime the injection pump on petter s type

Post by jcstuckinmuck Sat Jul 20 2024, 21:39

How do you prime injection pump on petter s type, I can't prime the pump as cannot build pressure in tank due to my maddison kipp lubricator has alot of broken parts but I should be able to fill the filter and prime the pump or am I looking at this wrong, any ideas thank

jcstuckinmuck
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

How do I prime the injection pump on petter s type Empty Re: How do I prime the injection pump on petter s type

Post by petternut Fri Aug 16 2024, 12:31

Assuming that: The filter bowl is full and the mesh can pass fuel,
and that the pump has been stripped, cleaned, and contains the necessary three balls and two tapered springs.

Disconnect the pipe to the nozzle, push down the handle and place a finger over the end of the delivery valve. Repeat a few times.
It it produces fuel reconnect the pipe and slacken the pipe at the nozzle. If all is well fuel should appear at that joint with each pump. If it does remove the sprayer and reconnect outside the engine. Working the lever should then produce a fine spray with a clean cutoff.

If no fuel emerges at the end of the delivery valve then remove it and fill the pump with fuel. Again pump handle covering delivery side with a finger as the handle is released. This should suck fuel in. If it doesn't I suggest removing the suction valve and checking that the balls move freely and seat properly.
Most problems with the pump are ball related. Balls should be P-B but I often find rusty steel.

petternut
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

How do I prime the injection pump on petter s type Empty Re: How do I prime the injection pump on petter s type

Post by oldgit Sat Aug 17 2024, 10:19

Just a word of caution.
I'm not familiar with this engine or it's fuel system and injection pressure; but feel that you should be warned not to allow the fuel from the sprayer/injector to contact your skin. If the fuel spray penetrates the skin it is likely to give you very serious health problems.

oldgit
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by petternut Sat Aug 17 2024, 15:35

A timely warning. Eliminate all risk and mess by facing the sprayer nozzle away from
the pump handle and holding an empty fizzy drink bottle over the sprayer.

For scale I should make it clear that we are talking about a sprayer for a semi-diesel engine which operates at a fraction of the pressures generated by a full diesel injector.

petternut

Back to top Go down

Post by jcstuckinmuck Sat Aug 17 2024, 17:40

Thankyou very much petternut extremely helpful I shall try that method at pump end if nothing happen I'll stripp the pump, funny thing was that it had what appeard have fuel in the bowl but was green in colour smellt very like washing up liquid, it did pump briefly of what was in the pump so seems promising, iam well aware of injection dangers from diesel injectors, I've seen some people in the past right next to an injector while it spraying madness

jcstuckinmuck
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by jcstuckinmuck Sat Aug 17 2024, 17:42

Thankyou old git same as I've replied before crazy when I've seen people right next to an injection whilst it's spraying crazy

jcstuckinmuck
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by jcstuckinmuck Sat Aug 17 2024, 17:45

I do have problem trying to sort the madison kipp lubricator, petternut tells me it's calibrater engine , had some pondering on finding another lubricator as the empire metal is broken on the wobbly cam

jcstuckinmuck
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down