www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Bradford Enclosed Crank

3 posters

Go down

Bradford Enclosed Crank Empty Bradford Enclosed Crank

Post by Mike24 Sun Jun 02 2024, 13:40

Working on first stationary engine, a Bradford enclosed crank unit that had been outside for a couple of years. Lots of rust in carb and head and everything nicely siezed. Have cleaned and am soaking bits but thought I'd check on reassembly timing.
It's an EK magneto with no advance/retard lever so am assuming timing will be TDC at end of compression stroke. Is that right?
Cheers!

Mike24
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Bradford Enclosed Crank Empty Re: Bradford Enclosed Crank

Post by Garak Mon Jun 03 2024, 07:17

HI

The Ignition point is three and a half inches to the right of the TDC mark, or 22.5 degrees BTD.

I have a couple of .PDF's, one on igniting timing and one on setting up the Wico EK but I can't remember how to attach them in a PM to you, maybe Paul will be along to remind me.
Garak
Garak
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Mon Jun 03 2024, 11:19

Garak wrote:
.....   maybe Paul will be along to remind me.

Sadly we cannot have attachments in PM without paying for the Premier package of the forum.  You need to ask for the recipients email address via PM, then send files from your personal email account.

An alternative would be to put your files on Google Drive or some such and post the link. Personally, I would touch free cloud storage providers with someone else's bargepole.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down