www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Cancelled events

5 posters

Go down

Cancelled events Empty Cancelled events

Post by Robotstar5 Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:55 pm

4 events I normally go to have been cancelled so far this year due to ground conditions (waterlogged) I hope things improve.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Cancelled events Empty Re: Cancelled events

Post by Woodsman Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:44 am

Agree.
My garden looks a real mess - wet and boggy , veg etc weeks behind!

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotstar5 Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:38 pm

Woodsman wrote:Agree.
My garden looks a real mess - wet and boggy , veg etc weeks behind!

It's the same at the stable, Mrs Robo's been nagging me to harrow the paddock, but I'm worried about getting the tractor bogged down in a few places even with it's aggressive tyres Crying or Very sad

Cancelled events Ted20_10

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mikep Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:31 pm

Nice to se you're keeping the Ferguson flag flying.

Mike.
mikep
mikep
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlengines01 Sun May 05, 2024 12:53 pm

Hello mate , a fellow Ferguson man ! Have you tried letting your back tyres down to 10 to 12 psi , then the front ones down to 20 ? this was advice from a guy I once knew who worked for the Trelleborg Company , the theory is that the tyre will cut down through the soil down to the level that can support the load that a hard inflated tyre imparts to the soil , if you drop the pressure , you drop the cut - down point . If you think about flotation tyres & the way they work , they,re never under much pressure , it,s worth a go , cautiously . A hard tyre will skid when trying to pull a plough , drop the pressure & the softer same tyre puts a bigger footprint down & grips without the skidding & subsoil cutting / compaction . You have to find the balance , without the tyre going round inside the rim & shearing your valve off !

Littlengines01
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Sun May 05, 2024 10:15 pm

Today I decided to take my Ruston Hornsby 2.5 hp out of the trailer and replace it with this years display engine my single flywheel tank cooled lister A, to make life easier I decided to tow the engines with my mobility scooter from the trailer to the shed at the top of the garden and back again, I will say I made a tow bar for the scooter to tow a trailer at rallies, I now have two sets of railway tracks in the grass and where the Ruston stood whilst I had lunch it actually sunk 1/2" into the ground and had to be barred out to get it into the shed.

Mary Alice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlengines01 Mon May 06, 2024 11:18 am

Point taken mate , in one of the magazines I get the lead issue is that we have been through the wettest 12 month period in 150 years , & that it,s high time to expand the Internal Drainage Boards to cover a far more vast area , & NOT BOG THEM DOWN IN BUREAUCRATIC FAFF so that they then become completely ineffective . In short , don,t blame god for a man - solveable problem , but allow us to get proactive & handle it . We don,t need expensive pumps everywhere , just correct maintenance & management of the water sluices etc . The brook I live by was last cleaned out in 1947 . Great Britain ? Somebody somewhere needs to wake up & see the rain coming . Nice Fergy .

Littlengines01

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotstar5 Mon May 06, 2024 8:20 pm

They've just announced the Bidford Vintage gathering is cancelled with 4 days to go, I was looking forward to the show after others were cancelled.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum