www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick

5 posters

Go down

Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Empty Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick

Post by Jason Warren Tue Apr 28 2020, 09:04

Hi everyone,

I`m in the process of trying to bring an oldish Coventry Victor AD2/3 stationary engine back to life and one of the parts missing is the oil filler cap / dipstick.
If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated, even if no one has a spare one can anyone let me know its dims and perhaps provide me with some nice close up pictures?

Many thanks in advance,

Jason

Jason Warren
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Empty Re: Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick

Post by OHP Tue May 26 2020, 13:05

If its the same as the WD1 I'll measure mine Thumbs Up
OHP
OHP

Back to top Go down

Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Empty Re: Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick

Post by Jason Warren Wed May 27 2020, 06:52

cheers OHP, much appreciate it... Wink

Thank you

Jason Warren

Back to top Go down

Post by OHP Fri May 29 2020, 23:11

Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Img_2051
Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Img_2050
Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Img_2049

You may be able to get away with a 1" BSP blanking plug with an O ring.
OHP
OHP

Back to top Go down

Post by OHP Fri May 29 2020, 23:13

Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Img_2053
Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Img_2052
Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Img_2054
OHP
OHP

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Warren Sat May 30 2020, 07:37

Thats great thank you Very Happy

Please can you provide me with one more dim and does anyone know what thread that is?

Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Captur11

Thank you again.

Jason

Last edited by Jason Warren on Sat May 30 2020, 09:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information regarding the thread requested ;o))

Jason Warren

Back to top Go down

Post by OHP Sat May 30 2020, 17:33

Whitworth thread Thumbs UpCoventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Img_2058
Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Img_2059
Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick Img_2057
OHP
OHP

Back to top Go down

Post by OHP Sat May 30 2020, 17:37

Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick 15908510
OHP
OHP

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Warren Sat May 30 2020, 19:27

Thats excellent.... thank you so much for your help, very much appreciated Wink

Jason Warren

Back to top Go down

Post by OHP Sat May 30 2020, 20:05

Got any WD/AD 1 Pistons 😆
OHP
OHP

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Warren Tue Feb 15 2022, 08:47

Hi,
I've tried a plug with the 8G1 thread and it tightened up after a quarter turn... any ideas what other thread it could be?

Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick 110

Coventry Victor AD2/3 Oil filler cap / dipstick 210

Jason Warren

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Tue Feb 15 2022, 17:54

Looking at the way the thread gauge is sitting on the thread I would say its the wrong gauge as the gauge shows the middle thread central but the left tooth is biased left and the right thread is biased right making the gauge slightly coarser that the actual thread.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Warren Wed Feb 16 2022, 09:58

maryalice wrote:Looking at the way the thread gauge is sitting on the thread I would say its the wrong gauge as the gauge shows the middle thread central but the left tooth is biased left and the right thread is biased right making the gauge slightly coarser that the actual thread.

Maryalice

Thank you for your post.
Can you recommend an internal thread gauge for me to buy and then I check the internal thread myself.

Jason Warren

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Wed Feb 16 2022, 10:41

standard thread gauges work in and out, you need to measure the hole diameter to give you an idea of the thread, put the dimension on here and In will check my charts.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Warren Sat Feb 19 2022, 15:32

maryalice wrote:standard thread gauges work in and out, you need to measure the hole diameter to give you an idea of the thread, put the dimension on here and In will check my charts.

Maryalice

Thank you again for your help with this. I`ve ordered a Chesterman no 885/2 Whitworth thread gauge which should arrive next Thursday, so should have a better idea next week Wink

Last edited by Jason Warren on Sat Feb 19 2022, 15:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added image)

Jason Warren

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Sat Feb 19 2022, 16:34

Your welcome

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart Elliott Wed Feb 23 2022, 12:06

Hello Jason,
I have two Coventry Victor AD3 engines one being a spare with some parts missing. I am building one engine from the two. I therefore have two dip sticks and only need one. I am sure it is correct for your engine. I can post to you, make me offer to cover postage. I have just joined this forum and have asked two questions if you can read them please about where to get Coventry Victor spares and where to get equivalent 90mm piston rings. Any info would be appreciated.

Stuart Elliott
48, Lutterworth Road
Pailton
Near Rugby
Warwickshire
CV230QE

Stuart Elliott
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart Elliott Wed Feb 23 2022, 12:08

Hello Jason,
I get message say new members not allowed to send e-mail or external links for 7 days. You can sent text message to 07875880142

Stuart Elliott
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 23 2022, 16:19

Stuart Elliott wrote:Hello Jason,
I get message say new members not allowed to send e-mail or external links for 7 days. You can sent text message to 07875880142

Hi Stuart,
I would strongly advise that you do NOT publish your personal contact details in open forum.
Questions about 'dating' can get you some interesting responses from outside the forum. Wink

Admin
Admin

https://ukengineforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Warren Sat Feb 26 2022, 17:13

Hi Stuart,
This is great news, thank you.
I have sent you a txt as requested.
Many thanks,
Jason

Jason Warren

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart Elliott Sun Feb 27 2022, 03:15

I sent you text. I only need you to cover postage in return for any info on Coventry Victor from your experience . Please respond with your e-mail.
Stuart

Stuart Elliott
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down