www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

14 voltDC Generator

2 posters

Go down

14 voltDC Generator Empty 14 voltDC Generator

Post by ruston1942 Tue Dec 31 2019, 19:32

please does a member have a wiring diagram of a Lancashire Dynamo & Crypto Ltd. !4 volt 32amp generator,size 3DG3 . 2500rev's. there are 3 wires from the 2 coils +1wire to connect to the brushes from each coil. In the control box is a variable resistor ,a 3 terminal relay and ammeter.
The control box is attached to top of the gen.

Thanks John.

Happy new year to ALL

ruston1942
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

14 voltDC Generator Empty Re: 14 voltDC Generator

Post by blue cat Sun Jan 05 2020, 18:03

If it's still all connected it should be fairly easy to figure out the wiring diargam.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

14 voltDC Generator Empty 14 VOLT DC GENERATOR

Post by ruston1942 Sun Jan 05 2020, 19:07

Hi Blue Cat.
If only it was that easy , I have tried always with out success !.
But today before putting in the scrap area. In a last minute reprisal I have stripped the generator only to find the field coil in series and the shunt field i parallel at the armature these i believe should be field in series.shunt in series connected together at the armature brush .The generator looks to have been rewired and connected wrong as the connection would be made at that time.Keeping my fingers crossed this is the problem, no wonder it was for spares when i got it about 6 years ago.

John.

ruston1942
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

14 voltDC Generator Empty Re: 14 voltDC Generator

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down