www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Blake water pump

3 posters

Go down

Blake water pump Empty Blake water pump

Post by donp Mon Dec 23 2019, 08:31

Talking to a "new" to stationary engines hobby gent yesterday who tells me he has just bought his first engine a Lister D as well as a Blake water pump but he cannot get the pump to deliver any water from outlet, have just googled Blake and see the pump he showed me on his phone photos is one among the photos on their site it looks like the section photo of the innards.

I have no knowledge of these pumps, anyone give me a few ideas what to look for so I can pass them on to Michael, he has been given the info. about this forum so he might also be asking questions.
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Blake water pump Empty Re: Blake water pump

Post by chrismac Mon Dec 23 2019, 21:04

I used to have a blake high pressure pump, it was huge in contrast to a lister domestic pump, on mine there were 4 non-return valves which had due to the water pressure been squeezed into the valve holes which the water would pass through, I had to made out of thick gasket material the new sealing washers, fill the vessel and it should pump,
If its the same pump we are talking about.
Chris

chrismac
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by donp Mon Dec 23 2019, 21:48

Thanks Chris, will pass the details on to Michael.
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Thu Dec 26 2019, 10:53

I agree with Chris, It could well be a Blake high pressure pump, such as fitted to a Sellarc pressure washer. You will need to fill this with water and turn it at some speed to get it to pump. I don't know if this is possible, but for rally display you could play around with spring pressure on the valves to see if this improves pumping at lower pressure.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down