www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

New member and first time engine owner !

4 posters

Go down

New member and first time engine owner ! Empty New member and first time engine owner !

Post by Stevenr Tue Dec 18 2018, 17:05

Good Afternoon all...Following lots of encouragement from my 13 year old son have joined the wonderful world of Stationary engines.
While being new to owning an engine I have for some time admired them at many country fairs and steam rally's in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Since a tiny boy my son has joined me and is so keen to learn. So much so a Lister D was the first thing on his Christmas list. Low and behold we track one down and purchase it from deepest darkest Norfolk.
I hope you don't mind me asking for advice on my very first post....
It starts but we think has enough bit and pieces he can improve to enjoy his start as a hobby.
I started the engine last night and pleased to say it went first spin however to my dismay it seems uncontrollable and runs at what seems flat out speed or nothing !.
Would anybody else have experienced this and be able to advise the likely issue that I hope I can correct (no experience) before the big day !

Kind regards

Stevenr

Back to top Go down

New member and first time engine owner ! Empty Re: New member and first time engine owner !

Post by Sparkieb Tue Dec 18 2018, 17:38

Welcome

Sparkieb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

New member and first time engine owner ! Empty Re: New member and first time engine owner !

Post by Robotstar5 Tue Dec 18 2018, 23:30

Welcome aboard, have you checked out Youtube?, there are few videos on starting and stopping the Lister D

Stuart.
Robotstar5
Robotstar5
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Wed Dec 19 2018, 09:41

Hi Steven and welcome to the forum. It's great to see 'Dads and Lads' (and Lasses) teams on here.
Ask away - that's what the forum is all about.
Never had a D so cannot speak with any authority but I'm sure other members will pitch in.
Governor needs adjustment, spring broken/missing, weights struck?
I imagine your neighbours will be well impressed when you crank it on Christmas Day. Wink Smile

Post some pictures when you are able.

Added photo showing governor. New spring (and other spares) available from

https://www.stationaryengineparts.com/Lister-D-and-DK-Engine-Spares/

New member and first time engine owner ! Lister10

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Fri Dec 21 2018, 16:29

If the governor itself is bust you might be interested in this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lister-d-govenor/273610549946?hash=item3fb475aaba:g:uCYAAOSwNX1b-YZY

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum