www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

stuart turner R3M

2 posters

Go down

stuart turner R3M Empty stuart turner R3M

Post by spanneritse Mon Sep 29 2014, 16:53

hi all,I aquired a lovely wee stuart turner R3M,,but don't know where the oil goes in,,,, there is a dipstick on the right hand side looking from the gearbox end, to one side on the top of the crankcase about level accross from the back of the magneto but it is dry,,, being a two stroke Iam not sure what the oil in that part of the engine is for,,I can't find where to put oil in to take it up to the level before I try to start it,,also is it a 50/1 mix for this engine,,any advise would be welcome ,,all the best to you all,,,,kenny from the island of lewis

spanneritse
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

stuart turner R3M Empty Re: stuart turner R3M

Post by Locknut Tue Sep 30 2014, 17:49

Hi Kenny,
I put SAE 30 engine oil in my R2 and fill it through the dip stick- not sure if that is the correct way of doing it but it works for me.
On my R2 petrol tank it says 1/3 pint oil in 2 gals - which I think works out at about 50/1 - too little oil will lead to seized main bearing shells and too much will cause the plug to foul up and carboned exhaust.
Good luck.
Kev.

Locknut
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by spanneritse Tue Sep 30 2014, 18:35

ah good on you, the dipstick is the only place i can see, i can squirt it in with the oil can, the 50/1 was stamped on a tank top in the box of bits i got so that will do me and thanks for coming back,,,,,,,,wishing all the best to you and yours,,,kenny

spanneritse
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Locknut Tue Sep 30 2014, 19:19

I think that it should take between 1-1.5 pints - so good luck with the squirting!Kev.

Locknut
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down