www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Another villiers

2 posters

Go down

Another villiers Empty Another villiers

Post by sdarmstrong Sun May 04 2014, 16:44

So , I have just stripped down another villiers , 2 stroke. The ht contact is missing off the coil . I can't figure out how to remove the coil from the ears that hold it in place . Thinking about trying to replace it with a Taiwan or Japanese one. Any opinions on these? The villiers ones are serious money.

sdarmstrong
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Another villiers Empty Re: Another villiers

Post by Foden Sun May 04 2014, 17:12

On the four stroke Villiers the mag backplate has to come off ,(I assume that the 'stroker's' are similar) then the two coil pole pieces are retained by countersunk screws through the backplate. There are also a couple of grub screws locating the pole pieces to the coil, cannot comment about using a non standard coil though.

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sdarmstrong Sun May 04 2014, 18:09

This one does not have grub screws. Some strange looking ends on the coil ? Any simple way to put photos up here ?

sdarmstrong
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down