www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Karl's Amanco 3-1/2HP

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Karl's Amanco 3-1/2HP - Page 3 Empty Re: Karl's Amanco 3-1/2HP

Post by EarlBathurst Sun Dec 15 2013, 21:11

matt86 wrote:nice job there mate  like the look of the workshop , was that at Didcot ?

and i assume that machine as not a lathe but does the same thing but verical or is it a mill with a spining bed  confused 

matt
Its a vertical boring machine, one of a few machines that we got from the old railway works at Swindon after they closed back in 1986.

affraid 100ish Allens,1xListerH, 7xListerD's,3xListerA's,2xListerB's,1xListerJ,1ListerLH,2xListerM's,1xListerN,                 1xwolseleyWD11,1xWolsleyWD8,1xRuston1.5PB 1xRustonPB3hp,1xRustonPT, 1xLister CS9/1, 1xAmanco3-1/2hp.
EarlBathurst
EarlBathurst
A true Stationary engine owner

http://www.johnallenofoxford.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlBathurst Sun Dec 15 2013, 21:16

matt86 wrote:nice job there mate  like the look of the workshop , was that at Didcot ?

and i assume that machine as not a lathe but does the same thing but verical or is it a mill with a spining bed  confused 

matt
Its a vertical boring machine, one of a few machines that we got from the old railway works at Swindon after they closed back in 1986.

Lewis, Its all owned By The Great Western Society At Didcot,But After 40+ years of being there i do get to use the toys for homework jobs!

affraid 100ish Allens,1xListerH, 7xListerD's,3xListerA's,2xListerB's,1xListerJ,1ListerLH,2xListerM's,1xListerN,                 1xwolseleyWD11,1xWolsleyWD8,1xRuston1.5PB 1xRustonPB3hp,1xRustonPT, 1xLister CS9/1, 1xAmanco3-1/2hp.
EarlBathurst
EarlBathurst

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Dec 15 2013, 21:17

EarlBathurst wrote:

matt

what a good year , year i was born lol..

I assume you mean the works on station road ?

matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlBathurst Sun Dec 15 2013, 21:19

matt86 wrote:
EarlBathurst wrote:

matt

matt

Yeah and Rodbourgh Rd, most of it is now houses and the McArthur Glenn shopping center.

EarlBathurst
EarlBathurst

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Dec 15 2013, 21:22

EarlBathurst wrote:
matt86 wrote:
EarlBathurst wrote:

matt

matt

Yeah and Rodbourgh Rd, most of it is now houses and the McArthur Glenn shopping center.

i used to live down the end of that road in rodbourne near rons stores if you know it at all . have been to the new museum once but was still at school , fancy a trip round there again one day .

Really should give you a shout to have a look around one day .

matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Dec 15 2013, 21:51

If you get the chance Matt give us a shout would love to come and have a look too if possible

matt86 wrote:
EarlBathurst wrote:
matt86 wrote:
EarlBathurst wrote:

matt

matt

i used to live down the end of that road in rodbourne near rons  stores if you know it at all . have been to the new museum once but was still at school , fancy a trip round there again one day .

matt

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Dec 15 2013, 22:02

Abes wrote:If you get the chance Matt give us a shout would love to come and have a look too if possible

matt86 wrote:
EarlBathurst wrote:
matt86 wrote:
EarlBathurst wrote:

matt

matt

i used to live down the end of that road in rodbourne near rons  stores if you know it at all . have been to the new museum once but was still at school , fancy a trip round there again one day .

matt

its only about 35 mins from me , used to work around the corner a few years ago .

matt

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlBathurst Fri Dec 20 2013, 20:46

Done a bit on the Amanco today, now that the new flywheel is on i masked up all the bits i didn't want painted (for the time being) and applied the first coats of gloss, still waiting for the fuel jets for the carb, and when it does run it'll be top coat painted, still lots to do though, tomorrow it's time for the trolley!
Karl's Amanco 3-1/2HP - Page 3 Image_zpsca7d570f
Karl's Amanco 3-1/2HP - Page 3 Image1_zps544fc29a

EarlBathurst
EarlBathurst

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Dec 20 2013, 22:25

cor that quick !

i think your cheating ... your surposed to paint every item peice by peice and by hand lol

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis MacRae Fri Dec 20 2013, 22:42

Have you painted the side bar or is that in masking tape?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlBathurst Fri Dec 20 2013, 22:46

Lewis MacRae wrote:Have you painted the side bar or is that in masking tape?
It's tape I used a whole reel on this job !

EarlBathurst
EarlBathurst

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlBathurst Mon May 12 2014, 21:39

Hi all, It's been a while since the last update but things have been ticking along slowly, today saw the return of the carb complete with it's new needle valves and seats, the originals were missing !
Also the ignition coil now sports another magnet the original was as good as trying to pick up a nail with a corkscrew!
So,i now have to plumb it all up and by the end of the week who knows !
Cheers for now , Karl.
Karl's Amanco 3-1/2HP - Page 3 Photo21_zps44be3b94
Karl's Amanco 3-1/2HP - Page 3 Image11_zps91ea25b6
Karl's Amanco 3-1/2HP - Page 3 Image13_zpsa133b7ab

EarlBathurst
EarlBathurst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: