www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

My Petter engine

3 posters

Go down

My Petter engine Empty My Petter engine

Post by paulji Fri Nov 22 2013, 19:36

Hi all
I don't know much about these engines so am after operating instructions/ handbook.
On the engine plate it says type ava11, no-3133104, 6 bhp, 1800 rpm. Does any one know how to date it?
paulji
paulji
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

My Petter engine Empty Re: My Petter engine

Post by Appletop Fri Nov 22 2013, 20:21

Here go...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Petter-Diesel-Engines-Booklet-AVA-Operators-Handbook-/141118742690?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item20db5520a2
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by paulji Sun Nov 24 2013, 17:24

Thanks for that Villiers.
I went on the auction site and won the manual, I should have it by the end of the week, then might fire the engine up, I have made a trolley for it today so with a bit of luck it wont be jumping round the garden.
Cheers
Paul
paulji
paulji

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Nov 24 2013, 17:41

Hi Paul should have asked about a manual mate as have one knocking around in the shed you could have had. also moved your thread and put it in the right section for you mate, oh and get some pics up love a good pic lol

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulji Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:12

Hi Abes,
Thanks for moving the thread to the right section, I should have thought before I posted it.
I might of learnt my lesson in asking for advise or parts on here first after all that's what these sites are for.
Thanks a lot
Paul
paulji
paulji

Back to top Go down

Post by Abes Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:16

LOL no probs mate, always worth an ask on here prior to spending hard earned cash always surprises me what people have knocking around and are prepared to part with

paulji wrote:Hi Abes,
Thanks for moving the thread to the right section, I should have thought before I posted it.
I might of learnt my lesson in asking for advise or parts on here first after all that's what these sites are for.
Thanks a lot
Paul

Admin

Back to top Go down

My Petter engine Empty petter not starting

Post by paulji Sat Dec 07 2013, 20:05

Hi all
Tried to get the engine running today seems to smoke and that's all. when I bled it all and primed it the engine did fire but stopped, took the fuel pipe off the injector and it squirts out when you use the priming lever then stops.
Should the fuel trickle out of the pipe all the time or just when primed? any help would be appreciated.
paul
paulji
paulji

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down