www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

lister d help.

2 posters

Go down

lister d help. Empty lister d help.

Post by steamrally2000 Tue Jul 09 2013, 15:52

hi new to this forum  i have a lister d and i was just wondering if anyone would be able to explain how i can stop petrol leaking out of ther front
of the carb by the air inlet as this is my first stationary engine. thanks

steamrally2000

Back to top Go down

lister d help. Empty Re: lister d help.

Post by Appletop Tue Jul 09 2013, 16:16

Check things like the float, is it floating? There is a notch in the needle that the 2 clips on the float are supposed to clip into, are they? Fibre washers on the banjo bolt that holds the float on, if the washers are too thin the level of petrol in the float is to high for the jet so it will leak, is the hole in the top of the carb clear for the needle to lift? Is the needle pitted or scored?

Just a start.
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09 2013, 16:45

Also, is the air valve's spring screwed down too tight causing a choke situation

janner

Back to top Go down

Post by steamrally2000 Wed Jul 10 2013, 08:49

Hi thanks for your help i have noticed that the foat was sticking to the sides of the float chamber and only letting a bit of fuel through ive cleaned all the float Chamber and also replaced the fibre washer underneath the float It dosnt Seem to be leaking as much now.
Thanks

steamrally2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum