www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

My new (first) proyect

3 posters

Go down

My new (first) proyect Empty My new (first) proyect

Post by oasanti Sat Jul 06 2013, 23:43

Hi, I recently found (and boght) a Petter Junior 1,5 hp engine, (almost junk acordling my wife oppinion, but a tresure at my eyes!!). The serial number in the plate is 1411, and in the hoper has casting Little Pet. Its complete and apparently in good conditions. The piston is loked inside the cylinder because to much rust, but with careful and very much oil I sopouse it will (sooner or later) unlock the same as other parts.
I will like to know something more about this motor, so any information will be wellcome.
Here is (I wuess) a photos of the Baby

oasanti

Back to top Go down

My new (first) proyect Empty Re: My new (first) proyect

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Jul 07 2013, 03:12

if you send the pictures/photos of the baby i can post them too your tread for you
just sennd them to one of my messaging options over in my box on right  below my avatar pic

these little boxes link you to my messaging options mate
-------------------------------------->------------------------------------>-------------------------------------------------------->
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Sun Jul 07 2013, 04:00

oasanti wrote:Hi, I recently found (and boght) a Petter Junior 1,5 hp engine, (almost junk acordling my wife oppinion, but a tresure at my eyes!!). The serial number in the plate is 1411, and in the hoper has casting Little Pet. Its complete and apparently in good conditions. The piston is loked inside the cylinder because to much rust, but with careful and very much oil I sopouse it will (sooner or later) unlock the same as other parts.
I will like to know something more about this motor, so any information will be wellcome.
Here is (I wuess) a photos of the Baby

heres what ive found for you

engine type engine name horse power fuel ignition serial numbers year manufactured
M' Universal VZ 1.5 to 2 hp Petrol/Vap. Oil Magneto 1001 - 9372 * 1923 - 1931

* Note 1: M engines with serial numbers 1001 - 9372, 53500 - 64553 and 49532 - 75990 have plain bearings
all others have ball and roller bearings
** Note 2: M engines with serial numbers 50000 to 53500 and 40100 to 49531 have greaser type main bearings
*** Note 3: S engines with serial numbers below 32580 refer to early Yeovil & Ipswich V & VPengines

to me its looking early production 1923-24 to me mate,
hope this helps you out
kev
p.s i think almost all our wives think there either junk or scrap ,until there running ,my wife loves the petter M "apple top" as do i as they have a lovly engine note to them while working
"apple top" 1 1/2hp

think this will be your one "acorn top" 1 1/2hp

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Jul 09 2013, 20:37

heres omars photos
My new (first) proyect 2013-010

My new (first) proyect 2013-011

sorry for the delay forgot about my yahoo emails for a few days
she looks like there should be potensal left in her for the return to running going from the outside condition aslong as the inside is as good
youll be laughing when shes running again
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Jul 09 2013, 20:51

check that your magneto gears have timing marks on ,and get the magneto off before you try to turn the engine over
as the mag may also be seized solid and break off bolting base Mad Mad 

if you take the mesh/ cris crossed metal side cover off i think there should be a wooden valve/diapram behind it , but should in theory give you acess to the piston " i think any way" dont own and havent worked on one internaly
but the boys will jump in and guide you allong your way
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Tue Jul 09 2013, 21:25

Nice early Petter M:D Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Right, to get to the piston you undo the 4 nuts front and back on the 2 square/round plates, one is an air intake, this should just come off (the one under the exhaust) The other is a diaphragm pump, behind this is a thin sheet of steel, take that off and then you should be able to get to the nuts on the big end.

I wouldn't worry about timing marks on the gears, the gear isn't keyed to the mag so if you take it off then there is no reference point anyway.
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Jul 11 2013, 00:24

Villiers wrote:Nice early Petter M:D Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Right, to get to the piston you undo the 4 nuts front and back on the 2 square/round plates, one is an air intake, this should just come off (the one under the exhaust) The other is a diaphragm pump, behind this is a thin sheet of steel, take that off and then you should be able to get to the nuts on the big end.

I wouldn't worry about timing marks on the gears, the gear isn't keyed to the mag so if you take it off then there is no reference point anyway.

villiers
so i do listen to others on the field ok then ,as i wasnt to far off the mark all in all then
seeing as i dont even have one Sad 
i always thought they were a reed diapram valve thingy" for some reason"Embarassed 
any way leave it to the boys more in the know than me ,just thought id get the topic going for him
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Thu Jul 11 2013, 08:34

There is a reed valve behind the air intake Kev, I left that bit out as it comes off with the cover so no need to remove it separately, can't do it all for him, have to leave something for the chap to find.
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Jul 11 2013, 11:56

Villiers wrote:There is a reed valve behind the air intake Kev, I left that bit out as it comes off with the cover so no need to remove it separately, can't do it all for him, have to leave something for the chap to find.

👍 👍 

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum