www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

lister model a 3hp

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

lister model a 3hp  - Page 2 Empty Re: lister model a 3hp

Post by nutgone Tue May 07 2013, 11:02

Ok just click on this link below....

https://s682.photobucket.com/user/nutgone_matt/library/?sort=3&page=1

That should take you to my library, which is where all my photos go to when I upload them from my phone. From here I sort them into their rightful albums & sub-albums.

If you click on the little arrow on the upper let hand side of the screen (where it says "Show Albums & Stories) this will expand this section & give you a list of all my albums. Any that have sub-albums attached will have a little arrow next to the album name, click directly on the arrow to show the sub album titles, click on the name of an album or sub-album to view it's contents.

Currently my main library album is full of photos of my day out at Amberley Chalk Pits working museum on Sunday, it was motorbike day, but I also got plenty of pics o the resident stationary engines at the museum. Anyone interested just click on the link above, but at some point all those pics will go into the album I use for "Rallies/Days Out" probably under the Sub-Album heading of "Amberley 2013" then I will write a little thread somewhere about my day out & what's at the museum (well, that's the plan anyway).

Just out of interest, my Photobucket account is now almost 80% full, so last night I opened up a new one under the username Nutgone1 (my current one is Nutgone_Matt as just plain "Nutgone" was taken already). There is plenty of storage for most people, but it will run out at some point. All you need to open another account is a different email address. Or you can sign up for a massive account with no adverts, but they charge by the month for those, the basic account is free.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Tue May 07 2013, 11:19

I've found you! For some reason you can't actually search or people by their username on photobucket (try putting my username "nutgone_matt" into their search function, it doesn't work, then try looking on their whole site to search for someone by username, there is no way I can find). I went to the address bar on my browser when I was on my own page, took out the bit which said "nutgone_matt" & put in your username & it came up with your profile, from there I could view your library.

Here's a link....

https://s1298.photobucket.com/user/pe1ma2an3ca4/library/?sort=2&page=1

Here's a couple of your pictures....

lister model a 3hp  - Page 2 002_zpsc6fd3a15

lister model a 3hp  - Page 2 007_zpsfd39211c

lister model a 3hp  - Page 2 003_zps4ac78787

lister model a 3hp  - Page 2 004_zpsa074ea8b

BTW, you need to hover over the little cog wheel symbol in the top right of each picture, a little menu box will appear, click on the bit which says "Get Links", this will show you the different links for your pictures. Like I said before you want the "IMG Code". But what you can do when this box appears is turn on "Easy links" this will display the links you want directly below each picture in your library, so you don't have to keep clicking on the various menus first.

Hope this helps, I think that should be the final piece of the jigsaw for you as I didn't realise easy links wasn't turned on automatically.

The name's Matt, but call me Nutts if you like, there's already enough Matt's about.
nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07 2013, 12:26

It looks as if you've got your work cut out freeing this off. Just take it slowly let the releasing fluid have time to work it could take weeks rather then days before it starts to fee off. I think I'd be looking for any cracks that may of occured while it's been sitting in water, if you do find a crack it will change the way you decide to go with the engine.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stamford24 Tue May 07 2013, 13:18

That's doable, just need patience. I did one in similar condition a few years ago now and that was frost cracked too. I'd say it will be mid 30's by the serial number and type of magneto on there. Obviously supplied to agents Drake and Fletcher and probably supplied with a well pump. Was a true stationary engine with the sub base fitted. Was there an old tumble down shed anywhere nearby that could have been the well house? Interesting that at some point in its working life a Petter silencer has been fitted. Old rivals united. Smile

Last edited by Stamford24 on Tue May 07 2013, 13:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info)

Stamford24
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Tue May 07 2013, 22:57

Yeah, I agree, that's do'able. When I got my Kohler pretty much all the nuts & bolt heads on one side were rusted down to just lumps, but I got them all out & found replacements. There's a thread in this section detailing that restoration if you want to have a look.

It's not a lot worse than the Lister A I just got. I suppose mine was turning though.

Anyway, you've come to the right place, we're all pretty helpful folks here. I would love to get my hands on that magneto, or one like it, mine has no mag at all. Not sure if that one will be serviceable, but in all seriousness I could have a look at it if you like. If the coil is still good I could get it sparking again (it's a business I intend going in to at some point, when I've got the space & some money to put into it).

For now I would recommend spraying the whole thing in some sort of easing oil solution, paying particular attention to the nuts, bolts, bearings/shaft areas & any linkage rods etc. (basically any part that's supposed to move). The whole thing would benefit, even if it's just straight paraffin or diesel, it will help you in the long term.

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peterjd Tue May 07 2013, 23:20

thanks for doing that nutty and thanks for the offer of help. im pretty limited on time as well so no rush with this one. will be just bits here and there.

it was found near battle. i didnt notice any well house type shed but it may well be buried under all the junk that has been left lying around.
i had a good look round it earlier and couldnt find any cracks in it so unless there is cracks inside that i cant see yet we should hopefully be able to carry on and get it going.

speaking of cracks a have a lister pump that i rescued years ago from a farm i worked on when i left school that is ceased solid and there is a big crack in one end of the housing. is it worth putting the work in and taking bits off and cleaning them up to sell or use on other pumps. i will post some photos on in the pump section when i can post straight on here rather than photo bucket.
peterjd
peterjd
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by nutgone Wed May 08 2013, 10:47

Always worth taking it apart, you never know you might be able to repair it or get it repaired one day. Plenty of us have these extra-long-term projects lying around, the ones we know can be repaired but we just don't have the time or the means to repair them right now or even in the near future. They usually go under the bench, or all boxed up in some dark corner somewhere.

If it was a total loss then you could strip it or parts.

BTW, the offer of help still stands. I doubt I could do much in the near future anyway, as I've got quite a few projects to see to here & no signs of it letting up any time soon (currently almost finished one, another one is getting close to completion, the next one is started & the one after that is bought, but not even home yet, so my work is cut out for me at the moment, but I don't work on them non-stop, there's usually gaps & times where I can do other things). So don't worry if you're not in any hurry Wink .

nutgone
nutgone
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum