www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Here we go the new engines....

5 posters

Go down

Here we go the new engines.... Empty Here we go the new engines....

Post by richie p Sun Nov 04 2012, 22:46

Hi All, sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, admin forgive me, this is my new adventure. I love stationary engines but know diddley about them but willing to get my hands dirty & shed a few tears & blood (already done the blood bit!!), I have always, ever since a young lad loved looking after my fathers lister D on the saw bench that was my job looking after the water levels, so thats why I had to get the lister D as well as the junior with the h3 pump.
many thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=CQK-PgEUmUQ&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQK-PgEUmUQ&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by stationary stu on Mon Nov 05 2012, 11:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link.)
richie p
richie p
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Here we go the new engines.... Empty Re: Here we go the new engines....

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05 2012, 11:26

There some nice engines and a pump you've got yourself not suprising your in the dog house Laughing Laughing Laughing anther video in the day light would be better please.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Nov 05 2012, 18:06

nice engines you have there . Regarding the rust on the piston on the pump i would not worry about it too much unless it has deep pits ...

You can remove the end cap on the front of the pump and with a few split pins remove the conrods if you call them that ( arms on . the side ) and then there is a pinch bolt that holds the center pin in . and then slacken off the gland nuts and the piston should be able to be pulled or tapped out ... Once out clean up with some emory paper and finish off with some fineish wet and dry ...

assemble in reverse with some new gland packing also known as stern packing available from alot of places easiest place is the online auction site.

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billypurves Mon Nov 05 2012, 19:18

Hi, The pump piston will be fine after a light clean. It seems to me that it has no packing in the glands a it moves very freely.

Do you have the coupling for the Junior to connect the pump to? I am presuming the cast base is for the H3 and the Junior.

Doghouse!!!!! You will get used to it.
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Matth92 Mon Nov 05 2012, 21:02

billypurves wrote:Hi, The pump piston will be fine after a light clean. It seems to me that it has no packing in the glands a it moves very freely.

Do you have the coupling for the Junior to connect the pump to? I am presuming the cast base is for the H3 and the Junior.

Doghouse!!!!! You will get used to it.

What IS that engine in your profile pic Billy, been bothering me for ages! Is it a Boothmac?

Matth92
Matth92
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by richie p Mon Nov 05 2012, 22:12

No i haven't got a coupling for the Junior where & how do I get one?

gland packing? would I know where it goes & is there different thickness?

yep the base is for them, I've thought of putting the base on wheels or traylor of some kind of trailer? is that done or would it all be too heavy, the pump is heavy my god took two of us to put it on the bench.

sorry to sound like a complete dork

richie p
richie p
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 12:23

Ritchie try a look around the internest for info also you tube and image search could help you to learn a little about your engines. I found this on the I.F. forum to show you what Billy means. It could be worth trying to get a manual on the H3 pump so you can learn a little more about it's workings.

http://www.internalfire.com/phpbb/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1726

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by billypurves Tue Nov 06 2012, 13:42

Hi Matt, the engine in my profile is a Dorman AB 1 petrol engine hopper cooled.

Last edited by billypurves on Tue Nov 06 2012, 13:54; edited 1 time in total
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by billypurves Tue Nov 06 2012, 13:53

Your Lister and H3 pump on a cast base will be a heavy unit....if you are struggling with the pump on its own !!

Perhaps a trailer mounted unit would be easier handled. Even mounted on a trolley it will be sizeable and heavy.

I am sure you need 3/8" gland packing perhaps someone will tell for sure. Good idea to get hold of a pump manual ....all the Lister H series of pump are basically the same.

Unless you are very lucky and find the coupling I expect you will have to make one or have one made. Or you could split them up until you find a coupling.

You could google for packing for a supplier. Marine Chandlers may be able to help as the packing for water tight shaft seals works well too.
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Tue Nov 06 2012, 20:45

billypurves wrote: Hi Matt, the engine in my profile is a Dorman AB 1 petrol engine hopper cooled.

another one of bills large amount of engines he keep getting from somewhere ?????????

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down