www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

My Petter AV1

2 posters

Go down

My Petter AV1 Empty My Petter AV1

Post by Biggusdannus Fri Oct 19 2012, 12:43

Hi all, as some of you already know I picked a petter up at morval rally (aug bank hol). From the information I have gleaned from the net this is a series 1 engine built between 46-51. The head was redesigned after this to improve cold starting.
The engine was down on compression and was a right pain to start, but after I got the 'feel' for starting it she starts quite readily and the compression has returned.
Heres a video of it running shortly after I got it
Biggusdannus
Biggusdannus
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

My Petter AV1 Empty Re: My Petter AV1

Post by Biggusdannus Fri Oct 19 2012, 12:49

So as you can see above the Petter wasn't running that well and was over fuelling. I remedied this by changing the spring on the pump to a lighter one. The second video I took was with the tank connected up. She had settled down to 8-850rpm with alot less smoke! I have since decided that an 8 gallon water tank is abit on the large side and opted for a 5 gal one instead.

Biggusdannus
Biggusdannus
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggusdannus Fri Oct 19 2012, 13:03

I decided to fit the petter to my workshop trolley (temporarily) and plumb the 5 gal tank up and put together a makeshift stand. This is so I can take accurate measurements for the stand on the new trolley. Any way I put it all together and thought i'd add the pump to give the petter something to do, the pump puts a nice load on the petter due to having 2 impellors.

Biggusdannus
Biggusdannus
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggusdannus Fri Oct 19 2012, 13:06

I decided to add my little generator to the trolley yesterday and do a night time video of it running. My garage is on the road and after I'd finished filming I turned around and a crowd of onlookers had gathered behind me!

Biggusdannus
Biggusdannus
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Oct 19 2012, 14:27

well done there mate
looking good indead there, i like it very much
isnt it a great feeling when the plan starts to come together
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20 2012, 10:21

Well done you've done a great job at sorting your engine out. Once sorted it does run nice a steady and works well under load, you must be pleased with yourself getting your engine running so good.
I was wondering how many engines you fit in your Porsche when going to a rally Laughing Laughing Laughing nice car Very Happy

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggusdannus Sat Oct 20 2012, 11:49

Thanks, I am very pleased with the Petter considering it was running rough as rats when I got it. The boxster only has room for it's own engine and maybe a brigs and stratton (if you're lucky) lol Dan
Biggusdannus
Biggusdannus
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down