www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

villiers 1944 petrol parrafin restoration back to its original tinwork and p/p fuel tank

+4
YorkshireChugger
DanBoy
JONESEY
kevjhnsn
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 2 Empty Re: villiers 1944 petrol parrafin restoration back to its original tinwork and p/p fuel tank

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Mar 24 2012, 23:38

mike
got the message 11.21 lol lol
snail mail tonight
speek tomorrow eve 8 ish
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 2 Empty Re: villiers 1944 petrol parrafin restoration back to its original tinwork and p/p fuel tank

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25 2012, 10:36

Why not just swap email addresses it would be quicker and not get lost as some do on here.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Mar 26 2012, 03:17

this is the last top coats nearly dryed grey
and the black is lackered and hard enough to carry now
villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 2 101_6019villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 2 101_6020villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 2 101_6021

kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by YorkshireChugger Mon Mar 26 2012, 07:51

You should have worked in quality control for villiers Wink

villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 2 Banner10
YorkshireChugger
YorkshireChugger
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

http://wr5harrogatehomeguard.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26 2012, 11:31

Well at least you got some good weather to dry the paint, soon the rebuild.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:17

YorkshireChugger wrote:You should have worked in quality control for villiers Wink

thanks ????name unknown , yorkshire chugger
the finish isnt what i wanted to of been i left a couple of small marks and dents on purpose but there are bends and extra small dents that i missed
and there are a load of dimples in the bloody laquer , must of been to warm and dryed before flattening out fully
even tryed a nother 2 coats in quick sucksection and the same result again so thats it no more painting to do on the cowling whoop whoop
the bsa 120cc is now under the brush today
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:22

yes stu your correct there
you were also correct about the bsa as when cleaning up the flat belt pulley the is what the primmer and topcoat match a woffler colours
of the bamford range late 1950s to mid 60s
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Tue Mar 27 2012, 00:20

kevjhnsn wrote:
YorkshireChugger wrote:You should have worked in quality control for villiers Wink

thanks ????name unknown , Yorkshire chugger
the finish isn't what i wanted to of been i left a couple of small marks and dents on purpose but there are bends and extra small dents that i missed
and there are a load of dimples in the bloody lacquer , must of been to warm and dried before flattening out fully
even tried another 2 coats in quick succession and the same result again so that's it no more painting to do on the cowling whoop whoop
the BSA 120cc is now under the brush today
Kev

Kev his name is matt..YorkshireChugger that is...

mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Mar 27 2012, 02:55

thanks mr grumpy mike
matt it is then until i forget his name matt that is
thanks mike
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27 2012, 11:53

I think we may have to rename him so as not to get confussed with southern Matt, any suggestions Yorkie Matt? lol!

Sorry the painting didn't go as planned (does it ever) I'm sure it will be fine once it's all finished Kev.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Mar 27 2012, 21:14

hi there started to reasemble the cowling parts back on
spent an hour trying to get the brass engine instructions into some form of shape again forget that it was still squashed with the scrapy excavator grab and tracks i think it has been brought back into somthing like as was 68 yrs ago even reused the metal rivet bolts/dometops hammer ina nd screw in ish

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Mar 27 2012, 21:19

villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 2 101_6031

villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 2 101_6032

villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 2 101_6033

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Wed Mar 28 2012, 00:11

Looking good
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28 2012, 11:44

You've done a good job getting bits straight again Kev, nice work mate.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Apr 03 2012, 06:05

the paint had hardend enough for the sign writting on sunday
waited until last night for the fitting of the panels
looks well different to the later one as in my avetar-------->-------------------->>-------this way lol---------->>>------------------------->>>>
then found out the fuel tank brakets i have in all seven styles and none for this cowling "duckin well"
cant find a photo of this style villiers on the web so will have to make what i would think they have looked like
THATS WHAT I GET FOR A WAR TIME MANUFACTORED ENGINE ,
also the fueltank is like on the smaller villiers but this must be write as the big tanks and brackets are even further from the holes lol
i will scratch my balls ,and play with my head later on this one lol lol lol
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03 2012, 11:17

Well that's stopped all the work Kev, good job you know what you need to finish the job to make it look correct for the year as I'd have no idea there would be that many different types.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Apr 03 2012, 16:59

bet theres more again and thats not including the square tanks and 2 stroke engine range lol
villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 2 101_6112
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Apr 06 2012, 03:16

villiers 1944 petrol parrafin  restoration back to its original  tinwork and p/p fuel tank - Page 2 101_6121

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DanBoy Fri Apr 06 2012, 10:54

You are doing a great job there Kev. I'm sure it will be great show attraction.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06 2012, 12:54

Kev you going to mount a few engines on one piece of wood or do them seperate? There's an old guy up here has a few small engines and he's fastened them all together and stops and starts them at rallies so he always has one running.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by hob Fri Apr 06 2012, 13:41

Kev what sort of filler do you use? my villiers tinware is rather pitted and i would like to get a nice smooth finish on it.

neville

argosy pump
Villiers mk 15
hob
hob
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Apr 06 2012, 14:49

hob wrote:Kev what sort of filler do you use? my villiers tinware is rather pitted and i would like to get a nice smooth finish on it.

neville

just a normal car body filler , davis is a good make .

matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Apr 06 2012, 15:58

i use the fine filler
DAVIDS ISOSPON NEW P38 EASY SAND FOR DENTS AND SCRATCHES
DONT mix up more than a desert sized amount at a time as it hardens quickly and wont fill the pitts in
after 3 mins and then your adding more to sand off instead of a nice thin layer to flatten
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Apr 06 2012, 17:27

kevjhnsn wrote:i use the fine filler
DAVIDS ISOSPON NEW P38 EASY SAND FOR DENTS AND SCRATCHES
DONT mix up more than a desert sized amount at a time as it hardens quickly and wont fill the pitts in
after 3 mins and then your adding more to sand off instead of a nice thin layer to flatten
kev

with filler you have to work quickly or it will fall out of the dent you are filling ! remember less is more you can always fill it again , matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Apr 06 2012, 17:32

thats what i was trying to find the words to say matt
so you are indead the same as my thinking but words had left my brain again lol
sign that i was messaging stu at this time lol lol lol
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next