www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A !

4 posters

Go down

A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A ! Empty A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A !

Post by matt86 Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:46 pm

A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A ! 009

A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A ! 005-2

A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A ! 008

A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A ! 007-1

A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A ! 001-3

A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A ! 003-3

As you can see i have finally finished the trolley and put the h2 pump on it ...think it suits it quite well , all i know all that metal is a heavy lump lol!

also noticed that somehow ive broken the bracket of the steering ... I think some modification will be in order ...A different arrangement for the steering would be better i think . quite a lump to pull about .

Regards , matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A ! Empty Re: A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A !

Post by mike d Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:17 pm

you young fellers can manage it..its when you get a bit older you mite struggle mate..
looks like you had a good time in the garden,you know my situation,so no engines out this time...
hopefully we can get some out later in the year...
thanks for sharing the photos with us all mate..
regards..mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A ! Empty Re: A few pictures from the new year crank up of the A !

Post by matt86 Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:20 pm

mike d wrote:you young fellers can manage it..its when you get a bit older you mite struggle mate..
looks like you had a good time in the garden,you know my situation,so no engines out this time...
hopefully we can get some out later in the year...
thanks for sharing the photos with us all mate..
regards..mike..

your right there mike ... us young uns can manage it , notice where your wheels are now .. lol!

hopefully soon mate you get the go ahead and can get the concrete down and the shed build started and then you will be away cross fingers mate .
When the weather gets better i must paint those wheels black as well looks a bit odd lol Laughing

regards , matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Looking good Matt , I will post mine later you weather looked better than mine .
Thanks for posting photos
Jonesey
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:34 pm

the weather wa still wet though , there are small ditches now in the lawn die to a soaking wet lawn !
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:29 am

so what was the situation with the firing
did our conversation help our was it no good for yours ????????
im tempting fait later as going to fill up water and give it a swing from september
and then post it on here FINGERS CROSSED SEE PLAYS fair lol
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:22 am

Matt is the A running ok now? You happy now with it? Good to see a set up all running just miss the sounds and smell, might have to see if I can at least get a small engine out and running.(need my fix lol)

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:41 pm

its running alot better now , does weap a tiny bit from the carb when on load but nothing to worry about and the load wasn't a heavy one really .. It does leak from a soldered joint on the pick up pipe from the tank to the pump though so i think il have to make up a new pipe .

Does anyone know what the size of the thread is that goes into the pump where the banjo bolt goes into ?

cheers , matt
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Could you not try and resolder it Matt? Also have a look at the olive see if it's grooved, heating it up might soften it a bit and help it reseat.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:23 pm

stationary stu wrote:Could you not try and resolder it Matt? Also have a look at the olive see if it's grooved, heating it up might soften it a bit and help it reseat.

Stu.

Stu i have tried to solder it up twice now but no luck think the pipes that old its not taking to solder that well so a new pipe will probally be the best option . You can get compression fittings instead of solder on ones . u have the nut and a olive that sits on the pipe and when u tighten it up for 1st time in compresses it creating a seal . I was thinking trying some of them . and ive only wasted a few quid if does not work ... also the fitting is leaking from the outlet to the feed to the carb so im wondering if the olive is damaged as i have tried heating it up to seat it etc . but that is not a big problem ...

These problems are only teething problems though ... as it can run fine at the moment as long u have a drip tray or run on grass lol Il need to adapt the trolley 1st i think .

and after that i have a fowler to do as well and a few pumps lol always busy

regards , matt

matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:57 am

MATT
if its still pushing fuel out of the carb intake ""turny bit""
now try adjusting the mag timing a couple of degrees later
that may be the final cause
igniting the fuel to early before top dead center
if the weather was warmer you would see the water bubling from the brass valve cover caps
thanks kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 am

kevjhnsn wrote:MATT
if its still pushing fuel out of the carb intake ""turny bit""
now try adjusting the mag timing a couple of degrees later
that may be the final cause
igniting the fuel to early before top dead center
if the weather was warmer you would see the water bubling from the brass valve cover caps
thanks kev

Kev its the smallest amount of fuel not even enough to make a drip .... just gets a bit damp ... i timing has been set to the ignition mark on the flywheel .

but is running alot better . i have got a new old stock 7 com spark plug in there now . i know its not a 8 com but is close so would that make a difference ?
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum