www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

MORE new engines arriving soon....??????????

5 posters

Go down

MORE new engines arriving soon....?????????? Empty MORE new engines arriving soon....??????????

Post by mike d Wed Jun 22 2011, 23:12

HI ALL....
found these to day in a pig shed in DORSET....
so looks like they should be arriving soon.....
both are sized solid,just the way i like them,more of a challenge..
my eldest son put me on to them,as hes getting into them now and i think he wants the LISTER....
kids cost me to much money,oh well enjoy it while i still can....

MORE new engines arriving soon....?????????? Image_10
MORE new engines arriving soon....?????????? Image_11
MORE new engines arriving soon....?????????? Image_12
MORE new engines arriving soon....?????????? Image10

sorry for the pics being up the wrong way,but my son took them...
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

MORE new engines arriving soon....?????????? Empty Re: MORE new engines arriving soon....??????????

Post by BRASSO Wed Jun 22 2011, 23:59

You starting up a museum Mike??

That Lister A looks like a nice project!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

regards

mart.
BRASSO
BRASSO
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

MORE new engines arriving soon....?????????? Empty Re: MORE new engines arriving soon....??????????

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23 2011, 08:46

Very nice find Mike, the Lister A should be an easy project not sure on the other being so easy to sort out. Shocked

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Thu Jun 23 2011, 12:31

Hi Martin..
I've thought about it but cant afford it..
I've got to make some money some how,so I'm doing what i know..the Lister is seized solid but is all complete and on an original LISTER trolley..
will keep you posted mate..
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Thu Jun 23 2011, 12:34

stationary stu wrote:Very nice find Mike, the Lister A should be an easy project not sure on the other being so easy to sort out. Shocked

Stu.

STU..
got nothing else to do so will be something to do... lol! lol!
my boy mite keep the Lister for himself...I'm keeping the IMC/Mccormick myself..
like i said i will keep you posted mate..
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Thu Jun 23 2011, 19:04

you need to have a word with his lordship and get a museum started lol , that's a nice little McCormick there something i wouldn't mind
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Fri Jun 24 2011, 00:08

its strange how things work out,i was trying to buy one in the states a few months back,but couldn't sort the crating and shipping out,due to the VAT..
then my eldest tells me of these 2..well how strange is that,and its on my door step so to speak..
as for his lordship,hes got no room left now....
when you have finished your shed Matt,perhaps i can put them in your shed... lol! lol! lol!
we could have a museum in swindon mate...
regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 09:10

Mike great find after looking in the States for one. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mike you'll just have to see if you can get a lock up cheap, or another thing to look at is around here theres a lot of storage places opening up using old shipping containers, takes a few engines to fill a 40 footer and you could always build another deck for the lighter stuff and see about a girder down the middle with a block and tackle to lift them up and slide them out. Don't how much to hirer but don't think it will be that much as people use them for furniture, old cars etc.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by JONESEY Fri Jun 24 2011, 20:46

Nice look find there that man like I have said before life funny you have been looking for one of these for ages Smile
I must pop down and catch up
Jonesey Smile
JONESEY
JONESEY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Fri Jun 24 2011, 21:33

mike d wrote:its strange how things work out,i was trying to buy one in the states a few months back,but couldn't sort the crating and shipping out,due to the VAT..
then my eldest tells me of these 2..well how strange is that,and its on my door step so to speak..
as for his lordship,hes got no room left now....
when you have finished your shed Matt,perhaps i can put them in your shed... lol! lol! lol!
we could have a museum in swindon mate...
regards,mike..

what about his lordships swindon premises Wink
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Fri Jun 24 2011, 22:36

as far as i know its jammed to the rafters mate...

regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by matt86 Sat Jun 25 2011, 21:52

needs to have a sort out and a extension Wink
matt86
matt86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sun Jun 26 2011, 02:16

think its a listed building...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26 2011, 10:52

Mike in this area there is storage places setting up using old shipping containers there not to expensive and you can get a few engines in a 40 footer, maybe worth a few phone calls to check out prices if you can find any local.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon Jun 27 2011, 18:54

sounds like the ideal job for me..will have a look on titer net and see what comes up
can you get me a phone number to see if they do them any were else..
regards,mike...
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 11:00

I'll have a look Mike, might be an idea if someone that has some land near you as the containers are great for storage and not that expensive to buy.
Here is the sort of thing I'm on about but this is the North East, I could get a container 8x30 feet for £17 a week not to bad if you could get someone to share it or you could get smaller one and it be cheaper.

Stu.

http://www.holywell-storage.com/

http://www.jsimpsonstorage.co.uk/cost.htm

http://aycliffeselfstorage.com/hire.html

Back to top Go down

Post by billypurves Thu Jul 07 2011, 08:59

Hi Mike, I have some paperwork for the M type somewhere...manual,parts list etc. let me know.

Spares are easy ..Hit n Miss.

Google John Hamminik for his excellent web site, John is no longer with us sadly but his site is,lots of information there.

Worse bloody engine I ever had!!!!!! Spent a fortune on it,it now resides in Newcastle with a decent guy.

Easy to work on though and a pleasent machine when working as they should. Bill.
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Thu Jul 07 2011, 23:32

stationary stu wrote:I'll have a look Mike, might be an idea if someone that has some land near you as the containers are great for storage and not that expensive to buy.
Here is the sort of thing I'm on about but this is the North East, I could get a container 8x30 feet for £17 a week not to bad if you could get someone to share it or you could get smaller one and it be cheaper.

Stu.

http://www.holywell-storage.com/

http://www.jsimpsonstorage.co.uk/cost.htm

http://aycliffeselfstorage.com/hire.html

yes mate that's the sort of thing im thinking of,it needs to be secure etc as well
i will keep looking and keep you posted if i find anything.
regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Thu Jul 07 2011, 23:35

billypurves wrote:Hi Mike, I have some paperwork for the M type somewhere...manual,parts list etc. let me know.

Spares are easy ..Hit n Miss.

Google John Hamminik for his excellent web site, John is no longer with us sadly but his site is,lots of information there.

Worse bloody engine I ever had!!!!!! Spent a fortune on it,it now resides in Newcastle with a decent guy.

Easy to work on though and a pleasant machine when working as they should. Bill.

thanks for that information bill,i was wondering if there was a site for them..
once Ive sorted the deal with the feller,then i can see whats what..
regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sat Jul 09 2011, 14:19

looks like i mite have been out bid on these engines..some one has also found them and gone in and offered more money...well gutted..
the feller has just phoned me to give me the good news,or hes trying to get more money out of me...
i will have to leave it for now and see if there is someone else interested or hes telling porkies...
regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09 2011, 15:23

Yip could be after more money see if he comes back if not there's plenty more out there.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Sat Jul 09 2011, 15:46

that's what i in tend to do..i think the same,hes wanting more money...
regards,mike..
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down