www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Information needed on JAP Model 5 needed!

2 posters

Go down

Information needed on JAP Model 5 needed! Empty Information needed on JAP Model 5 needed!

Post by smithyboy941 Sun Jun 12 2011, 20:14

Hello, I need some information needed or some tips please.
My J.A.P engine wont fire up.
there is a spark
the timing might be right (it clicks up on T.D.C AND just after exhaust,just before the inlet valve opens)
Loads of compression there
fuel is getting to the piston i think (but does leak from carburettor abit)
The spark plug is always dry? I know the fuel might not be getting to the piston but why not?
and last thing,
it is cranking over but not firing need help please
Many thanks
Kyle Sad Sad

smithyboy941
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Information needed on JAP Model 5 needed! Empty Re: Information needed on JAP Model 5 needed!

Post by mike d Sun Jun 12 2011, 23:21

hi kyle....
if you PM skakinn giant he will beable to help you...
he knows about these engines..
good luck...
regards,mike.
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Information needed on JAP Model 5 needed! Empty Thanks

Post by smithyboy941 Mon Jun 13 2011, 08:03

Thank you very much
Kyle

smithyboy941

Back to top Go down

Information needed on JAP Model 5 needed! Empty Re: Information needed on JAP Model 5 needed!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 10:56

Kyle have you tried putting some petrol into the spark plug hole then turning it over to see if it will kick.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike d Mon Jun 13 2011, 11:00

good call mate..didn't think about that one...
its the simple ones that seems to work..
regards,mike.
mike d
mike d
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by smithyboy941 Mon Jun 13 2011, 11:45

Yeah i have tried that, I cant think why its not turning over?

smithyboy941

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 11:51

I think your timing is slightly out, The impulse shouldn't click at TDC, should be a few degrees before TDC.

Also check the Jet is clear, this will restrict fuel if clogged.

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 11:54

smithyboy941 wrote:
the timing might be right (it clicks up on T.D.C AND just after exhaust,just before the inlet valve opens)

Are you sure thats not ass about face? shouldn't it fire after the inlet valves closes and before the exhaust opens, otherwise there is no fuel mixture in the cylinder?

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 12:06

That's what I was thinking Steve but the mag wouldn't click if the engine was turned in the opposite direction.

Stu.

Back to top Go down

Post by smithyboy941 Mon Jun 13 2011, 12:17

Ther is a a click at compression stroke at tdc and theres another click just after the exhaust valve closes. i do not know anything more to the timing,,, i took the carb apart and cleaned it... it seems there is no fuel getting to the piston for some reason... your guess's are as good as mine :/

smithyboy941

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 12:22

stationary stu wrote:That's what I was thinking Steve but the mag wouldn't click if the engine was turned in the opposite direction.

Stu.

Would say to me its timed up for the exhaust/induction stroke not the compression/power stroke.

Cheers Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down