www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

ace winch villiers 25hs powered ****HELP ME WITH YEAR PLEASE ****

Go down

ace winch villiers 25hs powered ****HELP ME WITH YEAR PLEASE **** Empty ace winch villiers 25hs powered ****HELP ME WITH YEAR PLEASE ****

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Feb 23 2011, 05:47

hi there everone
does anyone now what year it is ????
ANY INFO ABOUT ACE WINCHES?????

powered by a VILLIERS 25HS type 807a 68572a
WITH ENGINE DATING POINTS WITH DIFFERENT YEARS
FLYWHEEL SAYS 8/46
PULLSTART PULLEY STAMPED 9/1954
FUEL TANK STAMPED 58
COWLING STANPED 50
DONT SEE ANYWERE ON THE WINCH WITH A DATE ON IT
BRASS PLATE SAYS ACE MACHINERY LTD BRIXTON LONDON
TYPE MID 4 S.W.L 30 WT
SERIAL NO i.e 15000
THANKS KEV

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

ace winch villiers 25hs powered ****HELP ME WITH YEAR PLEASE **** Empty Re: ace winch villiers 25hs powered ****HELP ME WITH YEAR PLEASE ****

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 12:21

Hi Kev,

without seeing a pic i cant be certain, but could your engine be a BITSA? not unusualy for people to cobble engines together to keep them going.

OR

it could be a one that Villiers made up like that out of surplus stock. one things for certain, if thats the case, it cant be any older than the youngest components on the machine, as if Villiers did actually assemble this from stock, you can put parts on the engine with dates that havent occurred yet! on that basis this would probably be 1958, could be wrong mind.

Cheers.

Paul

Back to top Go down

ace winch villiers 25hs powered ****HELP ME WITH YEAR PLEASE **** Empty Re: ace winch villiers 25hs powered ****HELP ME WITH YEAR PLEASE ****

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 22:27

Kev,

here is some information regarding ACE Winches

http://www.ace-winches.co.uk/

hope this helps.

Paul

Back to top Go down

ace winch villiers 25hs powered ****HELP ME WITH YEAR PLEASE **** Empty close but no cigar this time

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Mar 02 2011, 01:46

Paul_sterling wrote:Kev,

here is some information regarding ACE Winches

http://www.ace-winches.co.uk/

hope this helps.

Paul
hi there paul
unfortunatly this company is to modern started up in 1980 and at the wrong end of the country SCOTLAND NOT LONDON but thanks for trying though paul
thanks kev j

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02 2011, 07:57

Kev,

my apologies, didnt look into the site fully,

however, searching with the full ace title, came up with a little info

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/threads/251081-Hambrook-House-on-the-corner-of-Brixton-Hill-amp-Porden-Rd

this is a discussion about the main offices there, it says they were built in 1959, that could be the date when they started at the brixton location?

Cheers.

Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02 2011, 08:06

here's another small note of info, but it is literally just a reference to the company, its about halfway down the page

http://www.mun.ca/mha/holdings/findingaids/murray.php

Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjhnsn Fri Mar 04 2011, 06:56

hi there paul
and thanks again you have found out more than what i could on the net .
they ceast trading in 1959 at brixton london so at least i can put my engine and winch down as from inbertween 1946 and before 1960 i will have to ask people on hear to please keep an ear to the ground / web
for a serial number or serial nos on other ACE WINCHES 30wt and the age from off there engines
thanks for the help with this
thanks again kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down