www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

And another one arrives today 28/04/24

2 posters

Go down

And another one arrives today 28/04/24 Empty And another one arrives today 28/04/24

Post by donp Sun Apr 28 2024, 18:01

Another friend  knocked unannounced on my front door today asking if I would like this as he is getting rid of a few engines, as he has too many, after hearing it run its in the garage, and as my wife says they are starting to breed again, just could not resist this one to go along side the SC  I got a short while ago. Its an ALCO Featherweight with engine number 8259, looking at it there are the 4 fixing points on the cowling so think it has been originally fitted to a generator set.  Now time to find details about dating it, am not very good at internet searching for things like this anyone direct me in the best to look for as up to now zero found.
On doing a bit more looking at this Alco I noticed a second brass plate on the crankcase, other than the details on the first found plate is this  REF. NO. 452/677  any ideas anyone as am still struggling  to find a a manufacture date.

DonAnd another one arrives today 28/04/24 Feathe10

Last edited by donp on Sat May 04 2024, 11:00; edited 2 times in total
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

And another one arrives today 28/04/24 Empty Re: And another one arrives today 28/04/24

Post by Woodsman Mon Apr 29 2024, 19:41

Can I be your friend? 😁😁

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down