www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Mystery Inlet manifold

Go down

Mystery Inlet manifold Empty Mystery Inlet manifold

Post by alan britton Wed Feb 21 2024, 02:31

I am disposing of a friend's stationary engine collection; he has just turned 95 and has decided it needs to be moved on. I have discovered this manifold which appears to be around early 1900 manufacture and he can't remember where it came from. He thinks it came from a marine engine but did not know if it was marine manufactured rather than a marinized stationary engine.
It is obviously a single cylinder engine and petrol powered. it has a fuel primer at the top and an air control valve on the other side. The float chamber has a "tickler" and the inlet valve is a bowl similar to a float bowl with an adjustable spring at the back which obviously holds it in place and you can increase - decrease the valve pressure.

the only steel part on it is the float needle valve which is heavily corroded the rest of it is very good nick for it's age  

I would be interesteed to hear if anyone can identify it for me. I can take further picture if required.

Regards

Alan[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

alan britton

Back to top Go down