www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Steam or Air driven engine, it is Stationary

3 posters

Go down

Steam or Air driven engine, it is Stationary Empty Steam or Air driven engine, it is Stationary

Post by donp Thu Aug 11 2022, 08:14

Steam or Air driven engine, it is Stationary Large_10

Due to a change of plan this  very nice model engine is now available for a swap, it turns freely, can be steam or air powered from a garage type compressor, my intentions were to display this at engine rallies using a compressor pump body part [ but no tank ] stationary engine vee belt driven but have not been able to find one that develops enough air output to drive engine that is small and light enough to move about easily and fits into car boot with other items that go in there to go to an event.

The engine is on an alloy plate approx. 12 inches square with a plywood piece beneath, it drives a 24 volt dynamo that lights 3 LED  small lights, it was made to drawings by the person I got it from and I have the drawings,  so anyone have a car boot size running order petrol engine to swap that is in good  order, cash can be added but please take note of my location as I do not drive long distances these days.

I have a short video of engine running on air from the time I purchased it can send it email [ PM address only for this please ].
Of course if anyone has a suggestion as to how I can overcome the way to get engine driven at an event where no 240 volt mains is available would be welcome to listen to it, will say though am not really interested in a power  I. E.  12v to 240v inverter.

Don
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Steam or Air driven engine, it is Stationary Empty Re: Steam or Air driven engine, it is Stationary

Post by Woodsman Thu Aug 11 2022, 15:06

There are a few compressors available. Depends on how much you want to spend on the project.

https://comparepowertools.co.uk/product-category/air-compressors/bare-pumps/

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Steam or Air driven engine, it is Stationary Empty update

Post by donp Fri Aug 12 2022, 15:34

Hi all, update on my above thread, a friend of mine got me a small tyre pump compressor from the jumble stalls when he attended Whitby rally over last week end, it was dirty, greasy and scruffy but made correct noises when turned by hand, stripped it, was all ok inside but no oil in it, de greased it, rebuilt it,  painted it and did not take paint long  to dry in this heat we have at the mo, coupled it to one of my T300`s to day piped it to engine was wanting to drive on air and away it went including illuminating the 3   24 volt led lights, will make a video of it when get time to get into rear garden where the grass is as pump part needs staking down for belt tension.  But here is a photo as it is at the moment, it needs pipework tidying up and other bits and pieces doing.  So swap is no longer on am keeping it.
Steam or Air driven engine, it is Stationary 300-pu10

Last edited by donp on Sun Aug 14 2022, 14:52; edited 2 times in total
donp
donp
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Steam or Air driven engine, it is Stationary Empty Re: Steam or Air driven engine, it is Stationary

Post by Bob The Skiprat Sat Aug 13 2022, 18:06

Hi Don you have done well getting a small compressor you must now get a small air tank possibly a handbrake air tank of a lorry put a pressure gauge and a 50LB per square inch relief valve on it and you could power air accessories something different to rally Very Happy kind regards Bob

Bob The Skiprat
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down