www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

amanco drip oller

3 posters

Go down

amanco drip oller Empty amanco drip oller

Post by futura9838 Sat Nov 06 2021, 19:26

what is the correct oil to use in the drip feeder to the cylinder   the morris oils look ok but which one thanks

futura9838
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

amanco drip oller Empty Re: amanco drip oller

Post by maryalice Sat Nov 06 2021, 20:01

30 Grade is the norm, but any good motor oil would do.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

amanco drip oller Empty amanco drip oller

Post by futura9838 Sun Nov 07 2021, 20:35

thanks for the reply i will get some ive had the engine running im just sorting little bits as i go along the oiler is black inside ive stripped it and will polish it up ive read they have a one way valve ie ball and pin to hold it my oiler dosent have this and there is no place for a pin to rest s this normal and does the oil blow back thanks tony

futura9838
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by maryalice Sun Nov 07 2021, 21:05

I've only owned my open crank, a Ruston Hornsby, for a few months so I cant really answer that question about your particular engine but there are a couple of others who should know the answer and are on here regularly.

Maryalice

maryalice
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Garak Mon Nov 08 2021, 07:37

futura9838 wrote:thanks for the reply i will get some  ive had the engine running im just sorting little bits as i go along   the oiler is black inside   ive stripped it and will polish it up  ive read they have a one way valve ie ball and pin to hold it  my oiler dosent have this  and there is no place for a pin to rest   s this normal and does the oil blow back  thanks tony

The Associated drip oiler does have a pressure release system. When viewed from the side a thin brass tube should be visible inside the glass.

This is the oiler from my 1914 Hired Man, it is a genuine one stamped on the top by Associated. If yours does not look like this it's possibly a replacement.

amanco drip oller Untit371

amanco drip oller Untit372

amanco drip oller Untit373

amanco drip oller Untit374

amanco drip oller Untit375
Garak
Garak
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content