www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Its now in pieces and looks quite good inside.

3 posters

Go down

Its now in pieces and looks quite good inside. Empty Its now in pieces and looks quite good inside.

Post by Shane.N Sun Oct 06 2019, 09:39

Photos of my pride and joy work in progress. New to this so any suggestions advice much appreciated.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SXaTnhcCsG7LEIQWPnQCN4zSKPOlUF_n

Shane.N
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Its now in pieces and looks quite good inside. Empty Re: Its now in pieces and looks quite good inside.

Post by chrismac Sun Oct 06 2019, 21:38

Had a look at your pictures, do you have it back together now, looks good and looks like you know what your doing!!

chrismac
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Its now in pieces and looks quite good inside. Empty Re: Its now in pieces and looks quite good inside.

Post by Shane.N Mon Oct 07 2019, 19:13

Got the head back on and torqued down, Now making gaskets for the rest of the lumps, The spark plug is the one that is in two pieces where the central electrode can be removed the magneto seem to give a good spark on it I am thinking that I will stick with this. My concerns at the moment are the carb the air valve shaft seems to have a lot of wear and I can,t shift the threaded adjuster there is about 3 MM of movement before the spring starts to come into play I assume it will run in this condition? The fuel tank has some rust pin holes I hope that the sealer will sort this. any advice greatly appreciated.

Shane.N
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Tue Oct 08 2019, 17:47

If you have the ability to make a new air valve shaft, the thread on the outside is 1/8 BSP.

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane.N Tue Oct 08 2019, 20:31

Thank you all information is greatly appreciated

Shane.N
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down