www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Hi from North Wilts

4 posters

Go down

Hi from North Wilts Empty Hi from North Wilts

Post by Tony N Mon May 13 2019, 22:30

Hello and thanks for allowing me into this forum. I'm Tony, semi-retired and just bought myself a 'new' toy to play with for when full retirement kicks in.
I have always had a bit of a fascination for the old stationary engines and have spent many hours gazing at these at the local annual rally at South Cerney. So I have just gone and bought a late, I believe 50's Petter A1 engine mounted on a trolly driving a water pump.
The chap I bought it off says a previous owner got it from the Old Birds custard factory in Birmingham. I understand that there may be someone in this forum who may have access to records that can verify where some of these engines were originally delivered. The serial number is 1538790.
I have tried to google info for the water pump but drawn a blank so far. The casing reads ASSOCIATED PUMPS Ltd LONDON with I presume model No DL104. Any info on where I can research this would be appreciated.
My set up has not been run for some time but engine turns over freely with compression and a nice spark at the plug. So initial plan is to give it a good overall, restore it to original colour and rehash the trolly as currently pulleys on pump & engine are not well aligned.
Was going to post a couple of pics on this post but damned if I can do so. Any tips on best way to do this also welcome.
Thanks Tony

Tony N

Back to top Go down

Hi from North Wilts Empty Re: Hi from North Wilts

Post by Garak Tue May 14 2019, 07:43

Welcome sir

Does your pump look like this?

Hi from North Wilts Amanco10
Garak
Garak
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotstar5 Tue May 14 2019, 09:11

Hi Tony, welcome aboard.
Jim Perkins is the man to ask about your engine - http://www.petterengines.co.uk/
I too have an A1, just finished a restoration thread on it in the projects section.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Tue May 14 2019, 09:30

Hi Tony and welcome aboard.  
Good luck with your project. Please post a few pictures in New projects/Restorations when you are able to. There is a delay of a few days before you are allowed to post pictures - forumotion rules.

See https://ukengineforum.forumotion.com/t2492-step-by-step-photo-upload

for more info. Scroll to the borrom to find link to most up-to-date instructions. It's a bit of a faff but persevere and you'll get there.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hi from North Wilts Empty Thanks for the welcome

Post by Tony N Tue May 14 2019, 11:32

No Garak my pump looks nothing like that but wish it did. That looks very nice. And thanks for link to identify my engines origin.

Tony N

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down