www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers WX11 hopper removal.

5 posters

Go down

Villiers WX11 hopper removal. Empty Villiers WX11 hopper removal.

Post by piston ring Tue Jun 10 2014, 16:28

Hi,
I am having trouble removing the hopper on my WX11. THe nuts or bolt heads have been cleaned around with a wire brush and Left soaking in Plus Gas for over a day. They won't budge even with trying to shock them free with a hammer on the socket. Any ideas ?
Thanks.

piston ring
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Villiers WX11 hopper removal. Empty Re: Villiers WX11 hopper removal.

Post by kevjhnsn Wed Jun 11 2014, 22:50

piston ring wrote:Hi,
I am having trouble removing the hopper on my WX11. THe nuts or bolt heads have been cleaned around with a wire brush and Left soaking in Plus Gas for over a day. They won't budge even with trying to shock them free with a hammer on the socket. Any ideas ?
Thanks.
hi there
im thinking yours is the 4 bolt hooper not the early one bolt type
if its a alloy head one then take your time as studs will be likly to be solid in rust and alloy corrosion making the studs bite in solid
if its the brass head then it will not be so bad ,and take more greaf, but still sounding like studs well stuck into cast block
so if the nuts are steel and caped end type drill a small hole hole in the top of caps and squrt in some soaking oil or diesel and parafin mixture with a little old engine oil ,and leave for a few days to get working in, also keep giving the nuts a tickle with a hammer and a hard wood or alloy lump like punch, try adding some blowlamp heat to each nut and then hitting them and adding more soaking oil down threads, and then when you want to try cracking them off again with a good tight socket and extensions, give the stud some heat treatment before sticking socket on and giving it a try, if it moves then dont go mad and get it stuck, just keep going loosen/tighten again and so on and work the rust and oil down the treads ,
thats the way i always get a good result without the snap and skinned knucklesĀ 
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fat_Buddha Fri Sep 13 2019, 18:26

Hi i know this an old thread but..... i have the older one nut type and struggling to get the nut of ive cleaned all rust away and periodically sprayed WD40 over a week but this is stuck tight ...any help would be very much appreciated

Fat_Buddha
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotstar5 Fri Sep 13 2019, 19:49

Fat_Buddha wrote:Hi i know this an old thread but..... i have the older one nut type and struggling to get the nut of ive cleaned all rust away and periodically sprayed WD40 over a week but this is stuck tight ...any help would be very much appreciated

Try using a proper releasing fluid such as Plusgas or make up your own with a 50/50 mix of Acetone and ATF, give it time to work and maybe apply some heat.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Appletop Fri Sep 13 2019, 21:34

Why do you need to remove it? If it is the early single nut job then you should be able to take the hopper and cylinder off in one part, saves breaking a joint that will be an absolute ar5e to reseal, no valves or anything to grind so no reason to split it. In my opinion.
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fat_Buddha Sat Sep 14 2019, 15:38

Your right im gonna leave it alone ...ill just take it all off as one ..Apreciate your help fellas Cheers

Fat_Buddha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down