www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

New engine keeper

3 posters

Go down

New engine keeper Empty New engine keeper

Post by Jonboy Mon Nov 26 2018, 18:55

Yes, I have become addicted!!
I am registered disabled and need small projects to keep me sane, so I am always looking for things to do.
I have dabbled in electronics, keep fish, and stripping down and rebuild various small items.
Then I got my first stationary engine, a lister D. Not quite sure what I was thinking as they are sooo heavy, but I have one now and am in the process stripping it down to rebuild it.
I live in Southern Ireland, but lived in the Uk before this.

Jonboy
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

New engine keeper Empty Re: New engine keeper

Post by Robotstar5 Tue Nov 27 2018, 00:27

Welcome aboard, there is plenty of info and spares (some used) available for the Lister D, if you have the serial number you can even find out the date it was dispatched from the factory and who the customer was!.

Stuart.
Robotstar5
Robotstar5
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonboy Tue Nov 27 2018, 13:34

I have just done that!
After much searching I was given David Edgington (who was the expert on these) wifes Doreen’s email address.
She emailed be back today (big thank you Doreen) and told me that on the 10th December 1952it was supplied to B.H. Wilson and sons of York.
Googling this I have found the farm and phone number, but no email address yet.( it’s cheaper to email than phone from Ireland so I will keep looking)
I was going to email them and ask what they used it of and when did they sell it and to who.
I will keep you updated as to my progress as it’s nice to get the complete history of a certain thing.
Jon

Jonboy
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by chiefy Tue Nov 27 2018, 14:03

Hi Jonboy,
Be careful this stationary engine collecting becomes a mania if you are not careful,and before you know it you will be looking to enlarge your workshop, welcome and enjoy.
Best Regards,
Chiefy.

chiefy
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotstar5 Thu Nov 29 2018, 11:02

If you can't find an e-mail address, what about looking for a local Facebook group?, village, town nearby or local farmers group then post a request for info if you know the name of the farm.

Stuart.
Robotstar5
Robotstar5
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down