www.ukengineforum.net
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

What paint for air cooled cylinder head

Go down

What paint for air cooled cylinder head Empty What paint for air cooled cylinder head

Post by Continental on Mon Jan 01 2018, 10:07

Hi there this is my first post having just joined and got hold of a 1943 Briggs and Stratton ZZ, my problem is finding a paint in Mid Brunswick Green or possibly British Racing Green that I can use on the complete engine.

Problem is it's an air cooled engine so the barrel and cylinder head will get pretty hot and I'm told by the all of the suppliers normal stationary engine paint is not suitable as its only good for around 200C max.

Mid Brunswick Green is the correct colour for my engine which came off of a Trusty Tractor.

At a push I may have to use black for the barrel and head but they were originally painted green when fitted to the Trusty Tractor and I want to keep them the same.

Ideas appreciated please, Mike
Continental
Continental
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

What paint for air cooled cylinder head Empty Re: What paint for air cooled cylinder head

Post by Woodsman on Thu Nov 29 2018, 09:45

A rather late reply Mike - only recently got the forum back up.
I think you will struggle to find a green VHT paint, normally black, silver white or red.
Post a picture when you have a minute.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

What paint for air cooled cylinder head Empty Re: What paint for air cooled cylinder head

Post by Continental on Tue Dec 04 2018, 15:08

Hi Woodsman well done for getting the forum up and running, still not sorted with the paint but got a few ideas, been hampered with a painfull knee and the prospect of it's replacement sometime in the near future.

Off on holiday tomorrow so it will have to wait a little longer.
Continental
Continental

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman on Thu Dec 06 2018, 16:44

Hi Continental,

If you are going to start playing 'Dodgy Joints Top Trumps' you are going to be up against some stiff competition here. Wink

Enjoy your holiday and best of luck if it turns out that your knee requires surgery.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Garak on Fri Dec 07 2018, 09:56

Continental

I'll raise you a left Hip (and according to my consultant the right one will need to be done in a year or so)
Garak
Garak
A true Stationary engine owner
A true Stationary engine owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Continental on Thu Dec 13 2018, 20:33

Hi folks back from a lovely sunny week in Tenerife, perhaps we should start a sister forum called www.ukinjuryforum.net Twisted Evil
Continental
Continental

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman on Fri Dec 14 2018, 09:34

Continental wrote:Hi folks back from a lovely sunny week in Tenerife, perhaps we should start a sister forum called www.ukinjuryforum.net Twisted Evil

Nice one. Will be in La Caleta early March cheers

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down