www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

information needed to use perkins engine to drive sawbench

3 posters

Go down

information needed to use perkins engine to drive sawbench Empty information needed to use perkins engine to drive sawbench

Post by derwen1959 Mon Jan 16 2017, 23:07

i have a sawbench which was bought by my late father 60 years ago and I want to mount it on a frame with axle and I know of a perkins 4107 which was used to drive a drier of some sort. I would like to know what is best RPM for sawblade there is flat belt pulley on saw bench and engine has V pulley I am thinking there will need some sort of pulley between engine and saw bench also what is minimum distance for best driving between flat pulleys regards Ivor

derwen1959

Back to top Go down

information needed to use perkins engine to drive sawbench Empty Re: information needed to use perkins engine to drive sawbench

Post by ListerHA2 Thu Mar 28 2019, 19:26

Depends on the blade diameter which is calculated to give the correct peripheral speed.

https://vermontamerican.com/circular-saw-blade-speed-chart/

ListerHA2
I really need to post more
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

information needed to use perkins engine to drive sawbench Empty Re: information needed to use perkins engine to drive sawbench

Post by Appletop Sat Mar 30 2019, 18:07

Back to the saw bench, It does depend on what you are cutting and number of teeth and size of blade, you need to think of teeth per second rather than rpm. Big teeth for ripping softwood etc. will have different needs to small teeth for fine cuts...
Appletop
Appletop
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down