www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Hello from Bedford

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Bedford Empty Hello from Bedford

Post by Jonny44 Sun Oct 09 2016, 21:28

Hi, I've just purchased a Bamford EV4 which purrs like a kitten, it's quite therapeutic listening to rhythmic whap...whap...whap of the exhaust. I plan to put the engine to work as a log splitter. The plan is to hook up a 'wood screw' no idea what will work best, but be sure I'll be asking questions about pulleys & belts very soon.

John

Jonny44
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

Hello from Bedford Empty Re: Hello from Bedford

Post by Woodsman Mon Oct 10 2016, 08:34

Hi John and welcome. Has the same idea for my Petter A1 but without welding tackle (or skills) the project has stalled. Sad

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny44 Mon Oct 10 2016, 12:02

Hi Paul, I think it's possible to do this without welding. I purchased a wood screw from ebay last night, it comes with 2 sizes of V pulley, I now just need to get a V pulley onto the stationary engine.

Building a bench to fit the screw can be done in wood. To be honest the stationary engine needs a new trolley so once I have all the components and checked the principle works, I'll design and build a trolley which will work for me and the log splitting, I'm not sure if this will be one unit or two keeping the splitting separate from the engine Question

Jonny44

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodsman Mon Oct 10 2016, 16:56

That's an idea! Will follow progress with interest - post some pics when you can.

Woodsman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum