www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Newbies 1928 Lister

3 posters

Go down

Newbies  1928 Lister Empty Newbies 1928 Lister

Post by Maxstu Wed Jun 22 2016, 14:46

Hi All,

My first post so hullo to All!

I inherited this beauty a few years ago and it has been stuck in my lock up since. Then a few weekends ago went to work sorting out starting technique and running. And hey presto! New oil and petrol. Clean plug and points, plus a bit of TLC and she fired into life for the first time in decades! Now runs beautifully apart pump not pushing or sucking water.

So am after some advice and identification for the water pump (Tangye?) attached to the Lister in this picture please.
There's seems very little compression from the three inverted pistons and hardly any pressure to pump water. Dial (smith) doesn't register either. Each piston barrel appears to have an adjustable collar or a method of turning to collar to increase compression? I can post better photos if you wish? The inverted crank has a full metal cover for protection when not running.

Newbies  1928 Lister Engine10

Newbies  1928 Lister Eng4wp10

Your views or ideas please. Shamefully I may need to sell sometime soon too to help kick start a new career as a locksmith.

Regards
Stuart

Maxstu

Back to top Go down

Newbies  1928 Lister Empty Re: Newbies 1928 Lister

Post by tony RA Wed Jun 22 2016, 22:18

Well Stuart that's a lovely bit of Kit good luck with the pump

tony RA
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by StewartH Thu Jun 23 2016, 10:21

Hello Stuart,

Welcome to the forum - as you probably already know information is sparse as regards Tangye pumps - however there is one man based in Australia who has been known to hold old copies of manuals ete -

http://www.oldengine.org/members/kmorris/tangye/tangye_index.html

A bit closer to home you have both the Anson Museum and the Museum of Internal fire - which for a small donation would probably be a quicker way of getting your hands on any documents still available - mainly scanned PDFs of old docs... could be just what you need...

Whatever you do please keep us informed if you do have to sell - and good luck with the new career!

Best

Hamish
StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxstu Thu Jun 23 2016, 11:44

My thanks to you both for your replies. Will keep these listed contacts and likely make some enquiries very soon. But is the pump a Tangye? There's no name anywhere on the pump, which I think is a bit strange!
Stuart

Maxstu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down