www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Bamford Air Cooled Value?

3 posters

Go down

Bamford Air Cooled Value? Empty Bamford Air Cooled Value?

Post by BAC Fri May 20 2016, 22:16

Hi,

can anybody give me a rough idea of the value of a Bamford 2HP Air cooled hit n miss engine, complete but requiring restoration. I have the chance to buy one but not really sure what I should offer for it? Is there anything in particular I should look out for before making an offer?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

BAC

Back to top Go down

Bamford Air Cooled Value? Empty Re: Bamford Air Cooled Value?

Post by kevjhnsn Thu Jun 30 2016, 01:57

1. is it complete enough for you to restore it to running, parts are very hard to source for bamfords as a hole
2. price is as always as much as the man with the wallet is happy to pay for it
3. value as above as there is no guide prices to many of the engines,unless there common to find
4. watch out for the magneto bracket as they can be cracked easy and repaired badly ,also if has a horseshoe magneto make sure it has a good shoe no welds or cracks in it and hope it has enough magnitism to hold a 13mm nut

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blue cat Thu Jun 30 2016, 19:53

This might help give you an idea of value, but a lot depends on condition, where it is in the country and what might need doing to it to get it to run.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bamford-stationary-engine-/291806464585?hash=item43f1054a49:g:0poAAOSwkl5XdAdH

blue cat
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down