www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

New forum member seeks trolley and handle plans!

5 posters

Go down

New forum member seeks trolley and handle plans! Empty New forum member seeks trolley and handle plans!

Post by Milhouse Fri Feb 12 2016, 20:10

Greetings! New forum member Milhouse. Really enjoying the forum but could already do with a hand!

I've my first a engine a Lister D type which I have got running really well but I've decided to leave her in her working clothes, as I prefer this look and it's easier!!

I have my first event next weekend at the local pub, but I'll need a trolley. Can anyone tell me where to find the plans for the lister trolley and handles please. I'm fine with welding fabrication and the gear to go with it.

Thanks fof reading,

Milhouse!

Milhouse
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

New forum member seeks trolley and handle plans! Empty Re: New forum member seeks trolley and handle plans!

Post by StewartH Tue Feb 16 2016, 12:40

Hello Milhouse,

A couple of ways to do this...

1) Flea bay and the best Lister D book available (with trolley plans at the back...)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Lister-D-Story-1926-1964-Covers-History-Development-/111895809729?hash=item1a0d828ec1:g:8wMAAOxyBXNSaBoz

2) a number of members have electronic copies - sadly not me - which they would most likely be happy to share if you ask...or if they read this and offer...

Keep us all informed how you go!

Best

Hamish
StewartH
StewartH
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

New forum member seeks trolley and handle plans! Empty Re: New forum member seeks trolley and handle plans!

Post by Milhouse Tue Feb 16 2016, 17:44

Thanks Hamosh for the reply, I'm going to have to find a cheaper copy of the book as money is tight at the moment although it lloks like an essentail for a newcomer to the Stationary Engine world.

Hopefully in the meantime some kind soul may furnish me with the original plans although as I intend to still use it in anger to power my sawbench I don't whether to build a 4 wheel or 2 wheel trolley?!?!

Anyway here's a video of it working!!

Milhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by rich07961 Tue Feb 16 2016, 18:46

Hi Milhouse, pics might help you out or if you PM your address I can scan and send as a PDF, Regards Richard

New forum member seeks trolley and handle plans! Wp_00010
New forum member seeks trolley and handle plans! Wp_00011
rich07961
rich07961
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Milhouse Wed Feb 17 2016, 17:13

Thanks a million Rich07961, thats amazing!!

I can't believe how much detail is on there, if I could have a pdf that would be really useful! I'll Pm my address over!!

Thakns again

Milhouse!!

Milhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorhead Thu Feb 18 2016, 15:37

Milhouse wrote:Thanks Hamosh for the reply, I'm going to have to find a cheaper copy of the book as money is tight at the moment although it lloks like an essentail for a newcomer to the Stationary Engine world.

Hopefully in the meantime some kind soul may furnish me with the original plans although as I intend to still use it in anger to power my sawbench I don't whether to build a 4 wheel or 2 wheel trolley?!?!

Anyway here's a video of it working!!

I enjoyed your video. I attempted using my D-type for the same purpose last summer. Driving a 20" saw but gave up thinking the little Lister was just too underpowered. Watching your video I noticed two things that maybe make a difference. Your engine speed is a fair bit faster than mine so maybe I should fiddle with the governor to speed things up. And secondly I was driving the belt on the small standard pulley, not the flywheel. As the pulley on my bench is slightly smaller than the engine pulley I thought I would be asking too much to use the flywheel. Any comments?

Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Milhouse Thu Feb 18 2016, 21:25

Motorhead, Glad you enjoyed the video, comments wise you've pretty much covered it!

Governor tweaking? guilty! Belt running on flywheel Guilty, The blade speed is very fast and that seems to help!

The only thing I would add is that the blade had just come back from being proffesionally sharpened and re-set, it cuts beautifully!

BAFTA noimations welcome!

Milhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorhead Fri Feb 19 2016, 09:29

I'll have another go then. It is nice to see an old engine doing some proper work, not just for display purposes. Smile

Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Milhouse Fri Feb 19 2016, 17:59

I agree! No room at my gaff for decorative engines, they have to earn their keep whilst being preserved!

Milhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Milhouse Mon Feb 22 2016, 19:26

Massive thanks to Rich07961 for pdf of the drawings, I obtained some suitable timber this week nad hope to start it next weekend!

Great Forum guys, I'm finding it really interesting!!

Milhouse.

Milhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixie Sun Feb 28 2016, 10:58

Sorry for hijacking your thread. But could I have a PDF of the plans please Rich

Regards
Bob

Nixie
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixie Sun Feb 28 2016, 19:37

Thanks Rich. Sorry for hijacking your thread Milhouse.

Regards

Bob

Nixie
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Milhouse Sun Feb 28 2016, 20:23

No worries Bob, I'm glad you got sorted as well. Mine's on hold as all the family have been ill and I'm the only one that didn't get it so I've been nursing. I'm better at making things!!

Milhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixie Mon Feb 29 2016, 07:09

I must admit I'm amazed it runs your saw though. The Youtube video proves it does though. My 5-1 CS diesel should have no problem then.

Nixie
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Milhouse Mon Feb 29 2016, 08:25

I'm pleased it ran it so well, i'm sure it's down to having the blade professionaly sharpened and set.

Milhouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down