www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Help please, Lister D Magneto

3 posters

Go down

Help please, Lister D Magneto Empty Help please, Lister D Magneto

Post by The Newby Thu Dec 17 2015, 13:59

Dear all,
its me again, your friendly pain, my problem at the moment, or now is that I have got my engine put back together, and stressing I THINK I have got the timing right, my engine will not run. It sort of occasionally will fire about twice but then no more. I have done a simple test today with a brand new condenser and spark plug and I think I am only occasionally getting enough power to occasionally give a spark, although I can feel "current" at the end of the HT lead when I held it wrong.
Has anyone had this before and the vital question, Is my magneto Kaput???

I would say that I have been able to rectify a number of problems already with some of the excellent posts on here after having a bit of a search about. Thanks to all for those posts.

The Newby
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Help please, Lister D Magneto Empty Re: Help please, Lister D Magneto

Post by rich07961 Thu Dec 17 2015, 19:56

Hi, 1. have you checked that you are getting any fuel through, 2. this is how to set up timing on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33M8gLttk78, also you may need to check that the magneto is timed as well this one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgiIXWmhz2Q regards Richard

A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Fri Dec 18 2015, 14:08

If you can hold the HT lead and only "feel" current then there isn't enough power in the mag! Believe me, if the mag was in decent order you wouldn't want to put your hand anywhere near it. With a decent magneto you should get a spark that will jump across a 1/4" gap when earthed against anything metal. Coil failure is the most probable cause.

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Help please, Lister D Magneto Empty Lister D

Post by The Newby Fri Dec 18 2015, 16:19

Hi both,
thanks for the info, it would appear what we have here is a problem of coil failure, so I think I shall be looking for another one, unless someone on here can do rewinds, or can suggest where I can get it done. I think it is a job that will be way beyond my very lowly skill set.

The Newby
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum