www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

briggs and stratton engine

2 posters

Go down

briggs and stratton engine  Empty briggs and stratton engine

Post by al6600 Fri Jun 19 2015, 20:19

Hi I was hoping someone could help with some information on this I picked it up yesterday on a spur of the moment purchase.  I really like old engines and machinery (they just don't make them like they used to)
They are like art to me and I really like to listen to the old engines running, I have collected some small, tiny infact model glow engines but this is the first time I have owned anything like this.
After searching the Web for hours I have seen a few similar ones but not exactly the same. The main difference is this Is 2.25 hp . I would really like to know the model and how old it is also where it would likely to have been used
The only number I can find is
60331 171 01 68 I know it says that's the model number
But I can't relate it to anything.
Any help appreciated

al6600
I really need to post more

Back to top Go down

briggs and stratton engine  Empty Re: briggs and stratton engine

Post by al6600 Fri Jun 19 2015, 21:31

I'd like to show some photos but no matter what I do I can't link them to here, I have them on photobox and don't usually have a problem on forums with it.

al6600

Back to top Go down

Post by al6600 Fri Jun 19 2015, 21:38

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19253794/4][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url

al6600

Back to top Go down

Post by al6600 Fri Jun 19 2015, 21:44

A ha sussed it out Very Happy (the photos that is) [url=https://servimg.com/view/19253794/5][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url
[url=https://servimg.com/view/19253794/6][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url

al6600

Back to top Go down

Post by al6600 Mon Jun 22 2015, 22:30

Well really glad I joined here all the help is really good and encouraging me get in to the hobby. I don't know how I would have managed without it.

al6600

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Mon Jun 22 2015, 22:58

The best source of information on the later Briggs and Stratton engines is the Smokstak forum in the States [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as there is a whole section devoted to aircooled gasoline engine's.  Register on there, post your pics and I am pretty sure that you will get some replies. Bear in mind the time difference though!  I used to collect a few of the older cast iron Briggs engine's from the 1940's and they helped me a lot, however I have very little knowledge on the later models but they will have.  Your one is obviously a waterpump, possibly used on building sites or for emptying garden ponds or swimming pools etc.  There were various versions made by companies like ALCO and PEGSON with Villiers or JAP engines fitted.
Glad to be of assistance. Wink

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by al6600 Tue Jun 23 2015, 05:39

Thanks for taking the time to reply Pete as I said before thanks for your help Wink

al6600

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down