www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

wiring a dynamo

Go down

wiring a dynamo Empty wiring a dynamo

Post by callum12 Mon Feb 10 2014, 21:57

Hi all,
I have a 24V 1500W WWII aircraft dynamo and a Lucas 12V regulator. the Dynamo needs a charge to excite the field but I'm a bit confused on how to wire it. the dynamo has 3 terminals that re labelled G+, S and G- and the terminals of the regulator read AL, A, F, D and E. could anyone tell me which terminal goes to where, where would i plug in a light box or other accessories and where do i plug in a battery to provide the charge for exciting the field.
thank you very much,
Callum  Very Happy 
heres a pic of the dynamo ( theres a steel shroud that goes over the back where the brushes are):
wiring a dynamo B194c887-0f45-4bd9-be08-9b4395f9f12c_zpsd0e1d07f
callum12
callum12
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

wiring a dynamo Empty Re: wiring a dynamo

Post by callum12 Sat Feb 15 2014, 18:36

just to say,
before anyone suggests, I've seen the video on youtube where someone wires a lucas 12V generator with the lucas regulator. It doesn't really help me because i don't know which terminals which on my dynamo.

Callum

A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down